Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15 15-r005na
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi. I have a HP 15 15-r005na notebook and it came with 8GB of ram fitted, I was going to upgrade and fit another 8GB of ram, I need to know how many memory slots it has and will adding another 8GB of ram cause any problems.  The reason for asking the question is that some of my research shows I may only have one slot and.  The main reason for adding more ram is to help with performance as I am running windows 10 and it seems very slow.

Regards Neil 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're welcome Neil 🙂

Good luck!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended
Neil,

Manual: Page 8, 76
http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04409502

Specs: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04332431

Your laptop came with Intel Core i3-3217U & Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

2 slots: DDR3L-1600MHz Dual Channel Support (Core processors)

Supports dual-channel memory

Supports up to 16 GB of system RAM in the following configurations:
● 16384-MB total system memory (8192×2) or (4096×2) (not for 32-bit operating system or Windows
7 Home)
● 12288-MB total system memory (8192×1 + 4096×1) (not for 32-bit operating system or Windows 7
Home)�

Get the exact same configuration, speed, voltage module as the other one and as given in the manual.

It needs major disassembly to reach the memory bay.

I'll suggest you upgrade HDD to 2.5 inch 7mm thick SATA SSD. Use recovery media to factory reset OS after replacement. This also need moderate disassembly. But it is going to give you huge overall performance boost.

Get help from certified HP technician or a good one nearby.

Regards

Visruth
HP Recommended

Thanks for your help Dean, at least I now know it's possible to do!

Neil. 

HP Recommended

You're welcome Neil 🙂

Good luck!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.