Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

For some reason windows isn't recognizing my two monitors i have connected to my HP NZ223AA 230W Advanced Docking Station.

I'm using Windows7 64bit on an HP EliteBook 8560w with an AMD FirePro m5950 graphics card.  As near as i can tell the docking station allows both DVI ports to be used as well as the grahpics card is good for multiple monitors.

Does anyone know if it's possible to connect a third monitor?  In other words I would like to have my laptop connected to a docking station and then have two other monitors for a total of three.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Cannot be done. The video card is soldered to the motherboard.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

It just does not work. The video card is in the laptop not the dock. It is dual head and allows only the internal screen and one more monitor. To add a third monitor you need to use a usb to hdmi adapter.

HP Recommended

Huffer,

Thank you for the response.  Is it possible to upgrade the video card in the laptop or is that not possible?

thanks,

HP Recommended

Cannot be done. The video card is soldered to the motherboard.

HP Recommended

Huffer,

understood!  I guess that solves that problem.  USB converter it is.

Thanks,

HP Recommended

Hi

I have an HP EliteBook 8460p Laptop and one HP Docking Station.

I have two external monitor (HP Compaq LA1951h and HP 1740)

Acording with this HP Fan artical http://hpfansite.com/hp-elitebook/hp-elitebook-8460w-8560w-8760w-mobile-workstations-official/ it is possible to have the Laptop monitor and more than one external monitor.

Windows 7 detects all three monitor, but when i try to enable the third one, i get this message from windows "unable to save display setting"

Can you help?

Thanks

HP Recommended

That response does not make sense, as my dock already has two DVI ports - why would HP have two identical ports if only one can be used ?

Notwithstanding, the laptop Display Settings shows 4 monitors connected, but no content on the two DP/DVI connected monitors ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.