Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15 AY503TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have recently bought HP 15 AY503TX. I am unable to find the air inlet for the laptop. There are air outlets at sides but no air inlet. How the cooling works in this laptop?

Thanks & Regards,

-Sanyogita

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Sanyogita

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service.

As I Understand you need information regarding air vents in HP 15 AY503TX,

No worries as I'd love to help, however, I need a few more details to provide an accurate solution:

Is the computer heating up?

Did you check the user guide or service manual for the information?

While I await your reply, here's what you need to do if you have heat building up:

Heat buildup can cause problems for any laptop (notebook). Generally, when temperatures inside the case rise above 35 degrees Celsius (95 degrees Fahrenheit), the risk of damaging important internal components increases greatly. The most common cause of overheating is the accumulation of dust inside the laptop. The electrical components in a notebook generate heat and fans inside the notebook help move the air to keep the components cooled to normal operating temperatures. Inadequate cooling can cause excess heat to build up inside the case which can damage components. The sound of the fan running constantly may indicate that the laptop is getting hot and is not running as efficiently as possible and that there is a problem with accumulated dust clogging the air vents.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS AND STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS

Click here to view your user guides to find the whereabouts of your air inlets.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for replying.

I am not facing heating problem with my laptop. I am writing this just out of curiosity.

In general, laptops have OUTLET AIR VENTS and INLET AIR VENTS. They are placed at the sides or at the bottom. Please refer the image:

Air Vents.png

In HP 15 AY503TX model, I found that the outlet air vent is placed at one side edge of the laptop but there is no inlet air vent. I checked the manual though. So my basic question is: Are there inlets air vents in this laptop? If yes then where they are placed?

HP Recommended

@Sanyogita

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

If there aren't any vents at the bottom of the back cover as notebooks normally do,

The vents on the left side are utilised for both in & outlet of air-flow.

the need of an extra vent would not be necessary if the existing vent is providing the cool air both in and out depending on which side the fan is spinning inside the computer,

That said, If you have any other questions, please reply back with the details.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.