Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15-g08nr
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I just purchased a new keyboard for this laptop.  Can someone tell me how to get at the old one to remove it.  I know there is a certain area on the bottom that you remove to get at the keyboard but none of these are marked.  Which oine do I take off?  I know I have to remove the battery first.  Looking at it I don't think there are separate sections so I guess  I remove the whole bottom?  If I'm wrong about this please msg me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It helped to a point, my laptop does not have the four plastic locking tabs toward the rear of the notebook, so it was difficult getting out.  The manual showed 2 screws had to be removed from the bottom when we needed either 3 or 4 but I am having someone stop in today to get the keyboard in place, I didn't want to force it for fear of breaking it, but your link that you provided did help.  Thank you

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Download the Manual from the below link and check page # 35 from Chapter 5 which show how to replace the keyboard

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04886216

Regards

Mahemac

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post)
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
, I am speaking for myself and not for HP and I am not an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

OK, I followed the instructions which were pretty easy but it did not explain how to put the new keyboard in.  It's in but it is not a good fit, it doesn't look good or feel right, very loose on the right side.  I can see all the little notches on the top and bottom but I'm afraid to force it in place for fear of breaking it.  Any suggestions?

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please check the below link in which it shows how to replace keyboard with Video

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c01074449

Regards

Mahemac

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post)
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
, I am speaking for myself and not for HP and I am not an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

It helped to a point, my laptop does not have the four plastic locking tabs toward the rear of the notebook, so it was difficult getting out.  The manual showed 2 screws had to be removed from the bottom when we needed either 3 or 4 but I am having someone stop in today to get the keyboard in place, I didn't want to force it for fear of breaking it, but your link that you provided did help.  Thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.