03-02-2014 04:57 PM
Got the error message SMART Hard Disk Error 301. I'm assuming the HDD needs replacing. Looking for advice on size/type of SSD to replace the exisiting HDD.
03-03-2014 01:05 PM
Any 2.5 inch SATA SSD will work. I always advise to get the Samsung 840 Evo. Your laptop is a SATA-II interface and the 840 Evo is a SATA-III device but will downclock and work just fine for you; it will still be wonderfully fast.
Great deal here:
If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)