Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
W7A91EA#ABD
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello Support,

i wanted to know how i could replace the harddisk in my laptop. but i cant find the manual.

Help is appreciated

thanks

Peter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I forgot the two screws underneath the rubbers. Now i could change the disk successfully.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

As we have properly understood your issue you want to replace your hard disk in  your laptop for this please follow these steps:

1. Turn the computer off and remove the back panel. 
  2. Look for any screws securing your drive to the laptop. 
  3. Lift the old drive up about 30 or 45 degrees and pull it out.
  4. In its place, install the SSD and put the back panel on.

Nitin singh guleria

HP Recommended

Thank you for the quick answer, but the big question is with the HP Notebook – 17-Y006NG how do i get the back panel off.

I removed every screw on the back of the laptop. Then removed the DVD drive. But then the complete back does not even move and i dont want to break stuff. So i thought there must be a trick to get this thing open.

HP Recommended

I forgot the two screws underneath the rubbers. Now i could change the disk successfully.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.