Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
m6-1045dx
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Has anyone found a source for these batteries that they would recommend?  When I search amazon fifty percent o the reviews for any item are 5 while the others are 1.

Why hp dropped this item so quickly and without notice makes one wonder.

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Here is a genuine one from a well-regarded seller on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-HP-9-cell-100Whr-DV6-DV7-Extended-Life-Battery-MO09-Original-OEM-NEW...

On amazon.com most of those are "compatible" i.e "knock-off" batteries which are probably fine but just slightly riskier, but usually quite a bit cheaper. I buy the "knock-offs" for older laptops but for anything I relied upon I would not buy anything except genuine. Best to buy from a high-volume seller which gives you some assurance the stock has not been sitting on the shelves for too long, but anything genuine for this model will not have a current manufacture date.  

Not sure why you think these were dropped, the MU06 is probably the most common laptop battery on the market, HP just does not stock batteries for models no longer in current production. They ship the batteries out en masse to third party vendors at that point. 

HP Recommended

Thanks Huffer.  I called hp parts, they gave me two numbers to try.  One no longer carried. the other only sold laser printers.

I would love to buy original hp, but can not find.  Hence my post.

HP Recommended

The link I gave is a genuine HP part, same as you would get right from HP. Third party sellers get access to the genuine parts after the model of laptop is no longer in production. 

HP Recommended

Sorry l missed link.  671731 is 6 cell.  This will fit and work in a m6-1045dx?

HP Recommended

Found following of yours, which seems to conirm it will:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/pavilion-m6-1045-battery-replac...

So MO09 and 672412-001 are one in same?

HP Recommended

You asked for 67131 which is an MU06 (6 cell) but there are also compatible 9-cell batteries. Your laptop uses the same battery as the dv7-7000 series which is why so many of the batteries were made and are in the market. 

HP Recommended

Got it.  Thanks for pointing me to the larger 9 cell battery.  Your parts number only told me about the 6 cell model. 

Have a great day,

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Well you have trashed me to the admins and suggested I provided inconsistent information so....

I am not clear what you bought. If you bought from the ebay seller I linked that is a genuine part. Looks like maybe you got a bad battery with a dead cell. It happens even when you buy straight from HP. Contact the seller and get a replacement. The seller on the link I give you have a high ebay rating and will probably cheerfully send a replacement. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.