03-27-2011 05:25 PM
I need to replace my hard drive in my pavilion dv7-1245dx. It is now a 320gb 5400 rpm drive. I want to use a 500gb 7200 rpm drive. Will this size work ok in my notebook. Will I have to update the bios first?
03-27-2011 05:29 PM
Yes it will.
It will also affect your battery time because the 7200rpm drive uses more power.
As long as its SATA notebook drive it will work.
Check Best Buy. I just bought a WD Scorpio Blue 320GB 5400rpm drive for 49.99.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)