Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15z-ab100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey everyone. I bought a HP laptop from the HP online store in USA in November 2015. I am currently in India and my laptop hard drive has failed and needs to be replaced. Is my laptop warranty valid outside the country of purchase(USA)?

Can I get the hard drive replaced under warranty in India even though I bought the laptop in USA? I have read somewhere that replacing hardware under warranty can only be done in the country of purchase. Is this true? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Prad3791,

Thank you for your query.

I understand that you purchased your notebook in the USA but are now in India and the hard drive has failed.  You would like to know about the HP Global Warranty.  Here is a document that will answer that question for you:

HP - Global Warranty and FAQs

This is a great question other customers may also be wondering about; please click the "Accept as Solution" if you feel this post has helped you, or could help others. You can say thanks easily by clicking the "Thumbs Up" below!  :robotvery-happy:

Sparkles1

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Prad3791,

Thank you for your query.

I understand that you purchased your notebook in the USA but are now in India and the hard drive has failed.  You would like to know about the HP Global Warranty.  Here is a document that will answer that question for you:

HP - Global Warranty and FAQs

This is a great question other customers may also be wondering about; please click the "Accept as Solution" if you feel this post has helped you, or could help others. You can say thanks easily by clicking the "Thumbs Up" below!  :robotvery-happy:

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply. I have gone through the FAQ but it doesn't specifically answer my question. I would like to know if anyone in the forums has had this problem and if they were able to get their laptop repaired under warranty outside the country of purchase.

HP Recommended

Hi @Prad3791,

Please contact HP Support for further information and your service options.

Contact HP Support India

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Hi @Prad3791,

Please contact HP Support for further information and your service options.

Contact HP Support India

Sparkles1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.