09-11-2009 05:23 AM
Thank you for the information relating to the O.S downgrade from Windows Vista to Windows XP. It has helped a lot. Could you please let me know if any special steps are required to upgrade the operating system back to Vista since we will be flashing the BIOS to install Windows XP. Due to the same, it displays Compaq logo instead of HP logo. Can we reflash the BIOS using the utility available on HP Drivers link i.e.WinFlash for HP Notebook System BIOS. Would that cause any issues? Could you please provide me the instructions if there are any of those to restore the laptop back to factory defaults (Including BIOS). Really appreciate your help.
Thanks & Regards,
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)