Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My SD card reader on my HP Pavilion dv6-7014nr isn't working anymore. It was fine a couple of days ago when I used it to transfer photos from my camera SD card, but now, when I try to put my phone microSD (with adapter) it doesn't how up in My Computer (and the sound isn't heard). I've tried another microSD and that isn't recognised either.

I've checked the driver in Device Manager and as far as I can tell, it's up to date.

Any ideas? Thanks for the help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Try reinstalling the Realtek SD card reader driver. You can do that via the recovery manager.

It would have helped a bit if you had posted the installed operating system.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29
HP Recommended

Try reinstalling the Realtek SD card reader driver. You can do that via the recovery manager.

It would have helped a bit if you had posted the installed operating system.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

It works! Thank you so much!

HP Recommended

I am glad to have been able to help.  🙂

HP Recommended

my mirco sd card reader on my hp split is not working , i have tried to reset it and cannot figure out why it wont work...is their a way to reset the reader on it and how do i do that

HP Recommended

Hello kristenfloyd. I understand your memory card reader is not working. I will do my best to assist you! This document provides information on how to troubleshoot your card reader in Windows 8.

Please let me know when you complete troubleshooting. Thanks for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

hp pavilion dv7 notebook pc  with OS window 7

my SD card reader doen't work anymore, I have re installed the driver and still didn't work..

also i have another problem not sure if they have  anything in common, many program when I start, they stob working or not responding, for a few second and then they work,,

HP Recommended

My card reader stopped working suddenly. I am running Win 7 and do not see recovery manager nor do I see Real Tek (except audio driver) in device manager. 

Thanks

Jim

HP Recommended

I have an HP Split 13-m110dx x2.  My micro SD card reader (found on the tablet end) would spradically not work and today it has failed all day long.  The SD reader found on the keyboard end of things reads the same card via adapter without any problems.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the latest HP card reader drivers (both the Intel and Realtek) to no avail.  I have tried several micro SD cards and the problem is on the crappy machine or crappy drivers and is definitely not user error--I am very experienced and highly frustrated.  I don't want to send this back to HP for repair but if you cannot give me an alternative then I'll have little other option.  I am using Windows 8.1 and, as said earlier, the SD micro reader did work for awhile.  I have not installed any software recently so that eliminates a new conflict other than a possible automatic Microsoft update for the operating system being installed in background mode.

HP Recommended

I have an HP Envy-m6 1125dx. Can you please help me with this?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.