Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have a HP external  USB CD - DVD device player which reference is : hp CDDVDW SN-208DB USB Device.

I get it with my professionnal HP laptop.

I would like to find the drivers for this device for :

- OS Micrososft Seven (64 bits & 32 bits)

Where can I find it ?

Thanks in advance and best regards.

Nicolas.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi clercion,

Thank you for your inqiury.

Here is a link to a firmware update for the HP  CDDVDW SN-208DB  that you can try.  TSST Optical Drive Firmware Update to try. Have you done all the Windows updates?

If you would like further assistance, I am sorry, but to get your issue more exposure, I would suggest posting it in the commercial forums, since this is a commercial product. You can do this at  The HP Commercial Forum. Once you open the link, click on discussion board, click mobile and select the appropriate link.

I hope this helps.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Hi, 

I have the same model CD/DVD drive, so I downloaded the TSST Optical Drive Firmware Update, per your advice.

When I ran it, though, it got to a point when it said, HP CDDVDW SN-208DB is not supported, press close to exit, or something like that.

I accessed this through HP's downloads page for my laptop (Probook 4540s) and OS (WIn7 Pro 64), so, it begs the question, if this update does not support my dvd player, why is it there?

Anyway, any other suggestions for an updated driver for this device?

HP Recommended

Hi jonadelman,

Thank you for your inquiry.

If you have a Probook as the previous poster did please direct your query to the commercial forum. The link is in my previous post.

If you are unsure please provide your model number and the Operating System you are running.

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

Sparkles1

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.