Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-ac026tx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Is it possible to upgrade my hard disk to a SSD? and if so which SSD would be better?  Is there a particular type of SSD for each computer like RAM's (DDR,DDR2,DDR3). 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I thought he did answer. Yes you can take out the hard drive and replace it with a 2.5 inch SATA SSD. The Evo 850 is an example of that type of SSD. Your warranty may be at risk by opening the laptop to do the upgrade, however. If you want instructions let us know and you need to plan in advance a means to get software onto the SSD. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Yes, you can replace HDD with SSD and Samsung 850 EVO series now is a hot cake in terms of price/performance. The following article may help you with the process

http://www.laptopmag.com/articles/ssd-upgrade-tutorial

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

you didnt answer my question. Can mine be upgraded to SSD? is there any particular type of SSD i should buy as in a particular dimension or something

HP Recommended

I thought he did answer. Yes you can take out the hard drive and replace it with a 2.5 inch SATA SSD. The Evo 850 is an example of that type of SSD. Your warranty may be at risk by opening the laptop to do the upgrade, however. If you want instructions let us know and you need to plan in advance a means to get software onto the SSD. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.