Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

please i need to know what is the PCIE SSD and why its petter than SSD ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
It's a metaphor. The SATA bus is not as wide I.e. data bandwidth because it can only use part of the entire data bus into the processor.

This is one of those that makes me wonder if it's a real question or are you just messing with us? Prove you are not and ask about a real computer problem.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Can you help us help you? Happy to discuss computer theory in the abstract, but do you need specific help with a particular model? A desktop or a laptop? Only a few HP consumer models can use a pci-e M.2 mSSD but such a drive is roughly twice as fast as a standard SATA SSD or mSSD. Very broadly, the difference is that a pci-e device is closer to the processor and plugs right into the processor's main 6 lane highway with nothing in between. SATA on the other hand is a 2-lane side road off the main highway. Hope that helps. 

HP Recommended

so PCIE SSD is to times faster than SATA SSD becouse its closer to the processor ?

HP Recommended

almost there

can you tell me what does 2- lane and 6-lane means and how its work?

HP Recommended
It's a metaphor. The SATA bus is not as wide I.e. data bandwidth because it can only use part of the entire data bus into the processor.

This is one of those that makes me wonder if it's a real question or are you just messing with us? Prove you are not and ask about a real computer problem.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.