03-14-2013 12:20 PM
My laptop doesn't get used much because it isn't capable of desktop performance for graphics and multiple monitors and task.
The laptop performance tends to drop more with streaming video and it isn't bandwidth because I tested my desktop streams 3 monitors without problem (Pandora 21 inch, Youtube 24 inch and Hulu) Sony HDTV 40 inch.)
I am hoping to change that with a new SSD drive now that my desktop is "near" it's end of life. I could then use the destop for a secondary storage workhorse (HP Elite e9240f) with already install 2 HDD and 4 attached external HDD.
I have read many post around the web and the price for
HP is $511 SPS-SSD SATA 256G 2.5 part number 608368-001
Samsung $483 512GB 2.5-inch SSD 840 Pro Series model number is MZ-7PD512BW
I have found this Samsung HDD in my existing setup and everything I have read directs me to by thier SSD.
1. Is this Samsung compatible?
2. Why such a difference in price for less at HP?
3. What is the "new" high performance desktop in the same catergory as my current desktop HP Elite e9240f so I can decide if it is worth buying a new PC instead? My current PC has upgrade graphic car, fan, memory and hard drive so I need to figure out if I want to loose this investment too. (not really a lost because it works fantastic for everyday usage and I could give to a family member)
Thank you in advance for any suggestions and I hope this is enough information for the direction I want improve.
HP ENVY 14t 1100 CTO
Operating System Microsoft Windows 8 Pro
Central Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 720 @ 1.60GHz
Total Memory 7.94 GB
SMBIOS Version F.26
Disk Drives 596.17 GB SAMSUNG HM640JJ
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)