Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP pavilion dv6-7045ez
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, i have changed my old HDD to a SSD(Kingston hyperX fury 240GB, controller SandForce® SF-2281). I have tried to install windows 7, windows 10 and debian but i have always the same problem, when the install reboot to finish it, it impossible to boot from the SSD. My opinion is the controller is incompatible with my pc(HP pavilion dv6-7045ez).

I have found crucial.com which say all ssd compatible with dv6-7XXX series(http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/HP-Compaq/pavilion-dv6-7xxx-series-%28intel-ddr...). Can i trust it?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english, it's not my native langage. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Matoran,

Welcome to the HP Forum! 🙂  Thank you for becoming a HP Forum member. It is a dynamite location to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others. For you have the best experience, here is a link for you to review, should you have any concerns: First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More

I understand that you replaced your HDD with a SSD (Kingston hyperX fury  240GB) and are able to install Windows but not able to boot to it afterward. When I checked the HP Pavilion dv6 Entertainment PC Maintenance and Service Guide, the Kingston drive is not one of the recommended replacements. This does not mean it will not work, only that it is untested and the outcome is unknown. It may or may not work.  You may find this document informative. HP Notebook PCs - About Solid State Hard Drives. Please review this post by @erico Re: How to upgrade your notebook to a SATA 2.5" SSD as it may help.

Thank you for participating in the HP Forums! We want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as "Accept as Solution”  to help other community members! To say thanks for the assistance, please click the “Thumbs Up Icon” below.

Sparkles1

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Matoran,

Welcome to the HP Forum! 🙂  Thank you for becoming a HP Forum member. It is a dynamite location to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others. For you have the best experience, here is a link for you to review, should you have any concerns: First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More

I understand that you replaced your HDD with a SSD (Kingston hyperX fury  240GB) and are able to install Windows but not able to boot to it afterward. When I checked the HP Pavilion dv6 Entertainment PC Maintenance and Service Guide, the Kingston drive is not one of the recommended replacements. This does not mean it will not work, only that it is untested and the outcome is unknown. It may or may not work.  You may find this document informative. HP Notebook PCs - About Solid State Hard Drives. Please review this post by @erico Re: How to upgrade your notebook to a SATA 2.5" SSD as it may help.

Thank you for participating in the HP Forums! We want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as "Accept as Solution”  to help other community members! To say thanks for the assistance, please click the “Thumbs Up Icon” below.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Your English is fine. There have been plenty of native English speakers here in the forum who have not communicated issues they are having as clearly as you have done. 

I have used Crucial SSD disks for a number of successful SSD upgrades.  My own preference for an upgrade is that when the OS that is to be migrated is stable,  using SATA to USB cable and migration software  makes the migration from legacy hard disk to SSD quite simple. SSD disks are often sold as migration kits, complete with the SATA to USB cable and migration software. Crucial is a reputable brand that can be trusted.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Well, i have bought the crucial mx300 and it's work. Thanks for your recommendations.:smileyhappy:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.