Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

any news?

HP Recommended

up

HP Recommended

still no solution yet.. annoying.

HP Recommended

Not sure if this will help, but I solved my problem. Bought a Corsair 128GB SSD and plugged it into the second (not C:) slot in my DV7 1285dx. Formatted it and migrated the OS to the SSD via Paragon's Migrate OS program. Tried to find BIOS changes and other methods to get the SSD to be the bootable disc before I found out that the laptop only boots off of one drive slot. Swapped the HDs and the DV7 now boots off the SSD. Fast sucker now!!

Hope this helps.

HP Recommended

My problem above was due to the HP not providing the necessary 3.3V for 1.8" SSDs on the internal SATA connection. I was trying a size-adapted 1.8" Samsung SSD. Meanwhile, I have switched to a 2.5" 120GB Intel SSD, which works perfectly fine.

HP Recommended

I have this exact problem...  Using an SF-1222 based Microcenter (OEM Adata) 64gb SSD.

To "DBG"...  I'm confused on your solution.  You mention using a "3.5"" SSD.  A 3.5" drive wouldn't fit into a laptop slot made for a 2.5" drive. ???

HP Recommended

Sorry for the confusion. I have corrected my post.

HP Recommended

Same problem here.  It works on some units not on others.  Sandforce is all we have been running and its hit and miss.  All firmware updated.  Very annoying.  All 120GB units here (or 115GB when the company admits they aren't putting the full capacity in).  We also have had unit "lock" almost as if a "freeze" program was installed.  The unit reverts back to a specific time whenever it feels like it.  Also, one computer was IMAGED OVER and still reverted back after a reboot.

HP Recommended

I do have the same problem.

Bought two OCZ Vertex 3 series (240 GB) and I'm trying to make them work in my HP 8540w laptop (product code SJ644UC#UUG). I have the latest BIOS available F.0F

Strange thing is I was ABLE to install Win7 on it but when I left the office and got back home I got the NON SYSTEM DISK or DISK ERROR message while trying to boot.

Disk do not show UP anywhere (tried to repair my Win7 install but no disks detected).

Can someone from HP take a few seconds to give a reason why this isn't working and whether or not it'll be solved in a firmware upgrade or if it's due to some hardware incompatibility (SATA III not being supported on the model it could be that there are issues with the internal cabling).

Thanks for helping.

/David

HP Recommended

HP told me they only support up to 128GB.  They tell me its a chipset issue, what they don't know is that I know this chipset and our deskotp chipsets are of the same family.  I'm going to elevate the issue with local reps. since the online help treats me worse then their non-commercial tech support.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.