Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I got a new HP Pavilion Laptop this christmas and I love how it performs, but lately everytime I close the lid and open it the next day i find a bunch of tiny holes and scrathes all over the left side of my palm rest. And even last week I noticed some behind the mouse pad and a little bit on the right side of my palm rest. I have no idea what is causing this I've looked all over my laptop and everywhere i keep it and i cannot find anything. So if anyone has a similar problem or know how to fix it that would be great. I don't want to replace my palm rest so if anyone knows a way of fixing scrathes on a laptop that would be great. Thank you to whoever responds with an answer and i thank you from the bottom of my heart.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@VirushunterX

It looks like you were interacting with @Chimney_83, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 

I'm the Riddle_Decipher & I'm at your service. 

I understand that the issue is related to scratches and damages on the laptop,

It looks like the best thing we could do to have this fixed is to have a look at the same at an HP repair center.

If the PC is within the HP warranty, there wouldn't be any charges to have it fixed,

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number to obtain a case along with the phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

Mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Greetings @VirushunterX

I understand that there are scratches happening your computer automatically. Not to worry, I will be glad to help. 

However, for me to be able to understand the issue better, request you take a photo of the notebook and reply to this message. 

This will help me understand the issue and help you further. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

IMG_3815[1]-min.jpg

Thank you so much for the quick response and I hope you will be able to help. Here is a picture of some of the scrathes on my palm rest and I continue to find new ones almost every single week. I treat my laptop very carefully, so I have no idea what ould be causing the scrathes. Hopefully this picture is enough to understand the situation and thank you again for the help, you have no idea how much this is bothering me.

HP Recommended

Also I just want to be clear, I do want to prevent furthur damage to my laptop, but my real question is how to fix the scrathes or if i could buy the same palm rest again to replace the damaged one I have now.

HP Recommended

I just realised that i did not tag you in the previous posts, maybe if i did i would get a quicker response. Sorry @Chimney_83 

HP Recommended

@VirushunterX

It looks like you were interacting with @Chimney_83, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 

I'm the Riddle_Decipher & I'm at your service. 

I understand that the issue is related to scratches and damages on the laptop,

It looks like the best thing we could do to have this fixed is to have a look at the same at an HP repair center.

If the PC is within the HP warranty, there wouldn't be any charges to have it fixed,

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number to obtain a case along with the phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

Mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.