Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

capslock blinking

HP Recommended
Fixed flashing 2x by removing motherboard battery and hold on button for >10s. Then replace battery and it works
HP Recommended

Hi Rvembu,

Do you got solution for this problem.

Thanks

Vardhan

HP Recommended

model: dv4-2049us

HP Recommended
I have had the same problem for years. My solution was to hit the machine on the bottom and sometimes on the keyboard. "This is how we fix on Russian space station!" Beat the crap out of it and boom, it boots. Hope this helps.
HP Recommended

I still have the blinking numlock and caps lock.  I understand that 1 blink is a cpu problem.  I had a problem with the black sreen.  To get rid of that I pressed the Windows K and B and Power button.  I let up on the power button right before I released the Windows and B keys.  Then I let it go.  The first time it was several hours before it came on.  It got better each time I did it.  I ran a hard drive cleaner.  Now I can actually turn off the computer and restart at a later time with no black screen or long delay.  I still have a problem with the battery not charging but it seems to just be an error message.  After I let the computer cool down and then start it up again the message is that battey is fully charged. 

@RKopacz wrote:
Has anyone finally found the solution to this problem? I struggled with this all day yesterday. Have had the "black screen, continuous loop, flashing LEDs" problem on my dv4 1313 dx for a couple of days now. I was able to boot after leaving the PC on overnight (as suggested above). Just did the built in HP diagnostics and everything reports back OK. Not sure what else (if anything) can be done to fix the problem.

Two nuances: I have an extremely weak battery, which the system is reporting to me prior to boot (when it does boot), and I haven't updated the BIOS (not intentionally anyway; not sure if this is automatic or not). Should I update the BIOS, and could a weak battery be causing this behavior?

I had a problem wit the black screen.  I found that hitting the Windows key, b key,and power buttons allowed me to get up and running.  I released the power button a fraction of a secod before releasing the  Windows and b keys(they have to be released together).  After doing this for several days, I can now shut down an start at a later time with out hours of wait time until the screen comes to life.  I still have the blinking num lock and caps lock and I read that this is a cpu error.  I' ll tackle that at a later time.  As for the Battery not charging--when I shut down and let the computer cool off, when I restart the battery icon says fully charged.  I think this may be a heat issue.  It is annoying but I can still work with it the way it is. I will eventually replace the cpu and fan but that is for another day.

HP Recommended

Hello MusQ_Stean,

I see that this is a duplicate post. Here is a link to the other post. Click on the link and reply back for assistance.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

HP Recommended

product: compaq nx6310, s/n:[Personal Information Removed], p/n: rh326ea#abb. Thanks in anticipation

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.