Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-p168ca
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I'm running Lightroom 5 but its so slow I think I need more Ram.  Can I add it to product J9M62UAA ABL

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Valrayx,

Thank you for the quick reply!

To simplify my earlier post, you can add memory in the following configurations:

12 MB, using 1x 8 MB, and adding 1x 4 MB

16 MB, using 1x 8 MB, and adding 1x 8 MB

Your Operating System is an 64-bit, so the RAM should be supported.  I hope this helps.

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @Valrayx,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums! The forums are a great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!

I came across your post about the memory issue, and wanted to help!  I understand that you are looking to upgrade the memory in the notebook.

Based on the following guide, here are all the compatible Memory Module configurations for the notebook:

HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC - Maintenance and Service Guide (Chapter 1, Page 2-3).

Supports the following configurations:

● 12288 MB (8192 MB×1+ 4096 MB×1; not supported on computer models with a 32-bit operating system) 

● 8192 MB (8192 MB×1 or 4096 MB×2; not supported on computer models equipped with a 32-bit operating system)

● 6144 MB (4096 MB×1 + 2048 MB×1; not supported on computer models equipped with a 32-bit operating system)

● 4096 MB (4096 MB×1 or 2048 MB×2)

● 16384 MB (8192 MB x 2)

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

This answer was not useful.  I don't want to know what I have, I want to know if I can add memory.  Can you tell from My Product number?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

@Valrayx wrote:

This answer was not useful.  I don't want to know what I have, I want to know if I can add memory.  Can you tell from My Product number?

Thanks.

Yes, you can add additional memory (RAM) to your notebook.  The HP Pavilion 15-p168ca Notebook PC Product Specifications show that your computer shipped with  a single 8GB PC3L-12800 (1600MHz) DDR3 dual in-line memory module (DIMM).  Your unit has two DIMMs (memory slots) so you can add another 8GB module if you wish.  

You can order the additional RAM (HP P/N: 693374-005) here or you can order compatible RAM from Crucial.com or any similar memory manufacturer.

HP Recommended

Hello @Valrayx,

Thank you for the quick reply!

To simplify my earlier post, you can add memory in the following configurations:

12 MB, using 1x 8 MB, and adding 1x 4 MB

16 MB, using 1x 8 MB, and adding 1x 8 MB

Your Operating System is an 64-bit, so the RAM should be supported.  I hope this helps.

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.

Now I understand and will buy some memory.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.