Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I am having the same problem.  It can NOT be good for the computer.  Sometimes it is even too hot to touch!

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem.  This is very disappointing.  Sometimes too hot to even touch.  

HP Recommended

NO IT'S HOT~

HP Recommended

I HAVE PAID FOR VERY EXPENSIVE SOFTWARE- AND AM USING IT FOR WORK.  I CAN NOT AFFORD TO RETURN.  THEY NEED TO FIX.

HP Recommended

They can not blame dust!  It did it the DAY I recieved and used it.  The very 1st time.  I'm terrified it is going to get ruined.  

HP Recommended

I don't know if you saw my comment previously, but after I loaded the latest BIOS update, my HP Spectre x360 no longer gets really hot. That is no longer an issue on my new PC. 

HP Recommended

Hello,

we have allso bought HP Spectre x360, and after BIOS update and register hack (flip and disable keyboard) we have notice that i7 is extremly hot. I have change power settings to "optimised" and spectre is still extremly hot.

HP Recommended

Dusan: 

I'm sorry your HP Spectre x360 continues to run hot after the BIOS update. Maybe this fix or whatever this BIOS update was that helped me was related to specific models?  My X360 has a WQHD display.

But I have another problem which is extremely short battery life. The unit works great, but I have to keep the battery charger handy. Seems this model has been cursed with issues. 

One other thing which may be useful. I bought my HP Spectre x360 from a Microsoft store, and it is a Microsoft Signature edition model.  This means it runs pure Windows 10 with no extra stuff from HP or anything on it. People here complain about issues with McAffee or other software. I'm running Microsoft Defender which is a good antivirus package. 

HP Recommended

I'm having the very same issue with my brand new x360  i7 version. That caused keyboard hardware issues on my old envy ultrabook, wich is not an option for a 1.300 + usd ultrabook!!!

If you have any solution please contact me as well.

Thank you

HP Recommended

Same here. Took delivery this week. Downloaded all updates from HP including BIOS. Runs red hot, fan racing, all the time. Will be returning today.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.