Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 13-4108na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have just purchased a Spectre x360 13-4108na in the UK and have noticed the keyboard is not a traditional UK layout.

By that I mean the "Enter" button is wide and thin as it is on a US keyboard, the is a "#" button above it and the "\" key is directly left of the Left Arrow button.

Does anyone else with a UK purchased Spectre x360 have the same layout?

I contacted HP and they seemed to "think" this was correct, although I didn't really trust the answer 100%.

Just want to check as it is driving me nuts, and wondered if there was a UK layout available.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @jay_1985,

Welcome to the HP Forums!:smileyhappy: 

It is a terrific place to find answers and tips!

For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide:

Learn How to Post and More.

I grasp that your keyboard appearance is not the traditional UK layout.  The enter key is wider and thin like on an US keyboard and the #  key is directly above it   and \ key is directly left of the arrow key.  When you contact HP support you were advised that it is the correct one. 

Here is a link to the HP Spectre x360 Convertible PC (model numbers 13-4000 through 4099 and 13-4100 through 4199) and HP ....

When I checked for the replacement keyboard the UK version part number is 833714-031.  Attached is an image of the keyboard so you can do a comparison to the one you have.  

Please let me know the outcome.

Thank you  for participating in the HP Forums! We want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue as yourself. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as   "Accept as Solution"   to help other community  members!

To show appreciation for my efforts, please click the   Thumbs Up icon   below.  

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Hi,

My keyboard is slightly different from the one you have attached.

I have taken a picture of my keyboard and attached it to this message - can you confirm this is the part number 833714-031 ?

Thanks

keyboard.jpg

HP Recommended

Hi @jay_1985,

Thank you for your reply.

If you check the  link to the maintenance and service guide, you  will be able to  confirm the part number as that is where I obtained it. Chapter 3, page 16, item 16  follow down the list continued on page 17 to the one  for use in the United Kingdom and Singapore.

Please keep me updated.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Sorry, but the service manual doesn't answer my question. All I want to know is whether the keyboard I have on my machine is the correct one for the UK, as I have never seen a keyboard layout like that in the UK.

The part number means nothing to me unless you have a photo of each one so I can match it to my own, which the service manual does not have.

You said in your original reply

"When I checked for the replacement keyboard the UK version part number is 833714-031.  Attached is an image of the keyboard so you can do a comparison to the one you have. "

but as you can see the layout in your picture is different from mine, so what part number do I have? and is it the correct keyboard for the UK model?

That is all I want to know 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi @jay_1985,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

Sparkles1

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.