Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Yeah, I'm having the same problem. I bought this laptop a little over a week ago and the battery life is horrid. My laptop will die in 2-3 hours of me just using the internet, no other apps are open at the same time because I'm scared it'll die even faster. I bought this laptop for college because the reviews as well as the employees who sold it to me boasted about it's long 12.5hr battery life that I just haven't experienced yet. Could I just be stuck with a faulty laptop?

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem. I was told by HP that they updated the BIOS for Spectre machines with Windows 8 that upgraded to Windows 10. They are working on a BIOS fix for preloaded Windows 10 machines. Not sure I believe this fix will make a difference but I will wait 2 more weeks before returning the computer under warranty. 

HP Recommended

I bought a Spectre x360 i7 pre-loaded with Windows 10. As others have stated, I get about 6.5 hours of battery life.  I have brightness at 85%, do work applications and some music streaming with very little video/gaming. I talked with HP support last night who stated that the 12 hour battery cycle is only for very limited use. That is outrageous since their advertising doesn't list that message in the fine print. HP, are you listening? Please address our concerns!

HP Recommended

If this is the case - a quick driver change, WHY IN THE WORLD IS IT NOT BEING MADE PUBLIC?  The very first thing that should appear on the HP site should be advice to get the performance they claim that you are buying!  I am VERY, VERY frustrated that finding a way to get even half the claimed performance is SO HARD TO FIND.

HP Recommended

I have never heposted on a Forum.  However, I have to say I am absolutely disgusted with the battery life on my brand new Spectre 360 which will unfortunaley be returned.

As many oth5ers have stated the battery life is nothing as advertised of 10 - 12 hours.  I have run through several battery cycles and have called tech support and ugraded the Bios...........bla, bla, bla! 

The fact of the matter is I only get 3.5 to 4.0 hours with normal use!!! 

It is all a LIE!!!  If it is supposed to be 10 hours on just idle then what good is it?  A mac book air actually achieves the battery life as advertised.  The problem is I don't want a MAC because I can not run many financial programs I use on a MAC and I need a PC.

What a waste of time!!!!!!!!  I guess I'll return this and find another PC. 

Don't be fooled...........I actually thought my PC battery was defective but it is not, that is just the way it is!

HP Recommended

Is nobody from HP following this forum?  Is nobody going to defend the worthless battery life of this "flagship" machine?  This is utterly ridiculous.  I am getting a completely pedestrian 4 hours on a machine I spent too much for.  The only way I can achieve 12 hours is to have it sleep for 8-9 hours in a day.  That's not the kind of performance that was advertised.   If I was working this machine hard all day long and it only got 8 hours or something, I'd be ecstatic!  But, no.... it can't even run with moderately challenging word processing and spreadsheet tasks for more than a few hours on battery.  Pathetic.

HP Recommended

mine wasn't bad on win 8, now on win 10 it's a joke, i7 QHD

4 hours What the hell is going on?

I've disabled live scan from mcafee to see if this is the culprit, all non essential services and start up programs disabled- will charge and try again

HP Recommended

Here is an update:

I installed the Bios update, turned off Cortana voice recognition and turned off bluetooth. 

I am still locked at 6 hours battery life (i7, 256, Windows 10 pre-installed).

I hope that HP changes the claims about battery life for the Spectre so that others will understand what is likely to be delivered. It is unfair to make unsubstantiated battery claims for an otherwise excellent laptop in every other domain. 

HP Recommended

would be nice the company were more detailed in how one can achieve more than 10 hours of batter life. 

HP Recommended

Since I upgraded to Windows 10, my X360 battery life has deteriorated as well. I used to get around 8 hours on Windows 8.1. Now I'm getting closer to 5.

Does anyone have a fix or know if we would be covered by the warranty?

Thanks.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.