07-22-2009 07:00 PM
2 months back I accidently spilled a glass full of orange juice on my HP Pavillion dv6810us laptop. I was so scared and thought that the laptop is dead. But to my suprise it was in a working condition and had absolutely no probs. It did had the sticky keys though ; but had no issues with its working. Then after almost 1 and half month, it started giving the problems like it use to light up when the power button was pressed and then the lights used to go off and it did not boot. Then I discovered that after pressing the power button, then instantly hitting the ESC key, it used to boot. Then after 2 more weeks even that failed. Now the lights are ON sometimes (not often) but the fan stops in between and then it stops completely without booting the computer.
Been to one of the service centers ( Non HP), but they told that I need to get a new laptop as there is some problem with the motherboard. ?He didnt even check my laptop. So just wanted to get ur opinion before going for a new laptop. I love my HP laptop and would not want to part with it....
Please help !!
08-01-2009 07:49 AM
08-01-2009 09:08 AM
1. Hard Reset
1. Unplug the AC adapter from the notebook PC and remove from any port replicator or docking station.
2. Remove the battery from the notebook battery compartment.
3. Press and hold down the power button for about 30 seconds.
NOTE: Holding down the power button while the computer is turned off drains any residual charge in the capacitors.
4. Insert the battery and plug the AC adapter back into the notebook PC.
5. Press the power button to turn the notebook PC back on.
6. Use the arrow keys to highlight Start Windows Normally, if it is not already highlighted, and then press the enter key.
7. You can now try to use the notebook PC as usual.
2. BIOS Default
Restart the computer and wait 30 seconds, turn the power on and keep tapping F10.
1. This will take you to the BIOS screen, now press F9 key or Select Load Setup Defaults.
2. Select Save Changes and Exit.
Now try to turn it ON.
Do you hear any beeping sounds or any error while laptop is starting.
Plz check and letme know the status.
08-18-2010 04:42 PM
I had a similar problem of juice spilled all over the place in my laptop. I followed the instruction and it worked. Thanks for your great Tip.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)