Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Trekker, 

I need help with my upgrade. How do you disconnect the ribbons from the IO Board ? I think I killed my HDMI Board trying to unplug the ribbons. I haven't replaced the board with 736895 yet. Just want to make sure I install it the right way.

Please Help ! :Crying:

3/16/2015 --- Figured it out ....Upgrade done ! 🙂

HP Recommended

FOR SALE: $100 (Free Shipping)

- HP 732279-001 (For M models only ... )

- WD Slim 7mm WD7500LPCX

750GB 5400 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s

2.5" Notebook Hard Drive.

HP Recommended

I want to upgrade my x2 too.

I want to upgrade the SSD to a Crucial M550 256gb and the RAM to crucial ddr3l-1600 8gb.

After that i have a clean HDD.

What is the simplest way to reinstall the Windows 8.1?

On my Keyboard HDD is a 11gb recovery Partition.

Can i change the SSDs an "the system" recognizes the new SSD and will reinstall windows 8.1 from the recovery?

Or is it better to use a external DVD drive and do a clean install with a Win8.1-DVD. How to get my Windows Key?

Does anybody have experiences with this?

greets

Ecke

HP Recommended

I've done system image backup, and with Windows 10 coming up, everyone should consider it. I myself have a 480GB in the tablet and a 1TB in the keyboard.

Anyway you do the backup by running Power Shell as an administrator. You will need an external drive. In my case I used DVDs, but a USB stick if 16GB or larger should work. The basic command line is:

wbAdmin start backup -backupTarget:E: -include:C: -allCritical -quiet

You would change the target drive letter to whatever is appropiate. Full instructions are over at How-to Geek. A quick websearch will bring a few other sites.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your amswer.

I knew the Windows Backup functions.

But when I look at my E Drive (the original Recovery Partition on the Keyboard HDD) there is a recovery file.

The text in the file says, that I have to use the "Windows Push Button Reset".

How can i use this Push Button Reset? And works it with a new System Drive too?

Or is it better to do a clean Install with a Windows DVD?

Would Windows find every driver?

HP Recommended

The problem you will find is that your recovery partition is that it will take you back to Windows 8.0. You will need to make the new recovery set if you want to start from 8.1. I like DVDs for security, because they don't get accidentally get overwritten in a busy environment.

HP Recommended

Ah you are right.

I started with win 8.0....

So when I use the recovery function, I have to update to 8.1 and then to 10.

It will be easier to have a win10 DVD recovery set.

But first I will try a clean Installation, with Win10.

I can safe the old SSD like it is and I can switch back to 8.1 with simple HDD swap.

HP Recommended

My Split doesn't appear to have a second batter and the layout is different than in the manual. Is there a manual for the Split X2 without the secondary battery?

HP Recommended

Hey banhlen,

Is there any chance you saved the manal at http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03957651.pdf  ???

The page is 404in me

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hey macboat,

Thanks for the great work here! 

Is there any chance you saved the manal at http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03957651.pdf  ???

The page is 404in me

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.