Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
This post pertains to the Secure Digital card capabilities for the HP Split 13 x2, model 13-g110dx purchased from Best Buy

I have inserted a 128GB SD card into the media card slot in the keyboard base. It recognized the card and its storage capacity. I also inserted a 64GB microSD card in the microSD card slot in the tablet portion. That card was also fully recognized.
HP Recommended

@ trekker

I failed to mention that I have not cracked open the keyboard base on  model 13-g110dx purchased from Best Buy.  Therefore, I am not aware of where to connect the cable, if there even is a connection point.  Just wanted to clarify that.

HP Recommended

Macboat,

I'll say it one more time, the HDMI board has NO place to connects this drive with this model.  I realize one end plugs into the hard drive but the other end has no where to connect on this model HDMI board either front or back. Unless you can supply a picture that shows where this would connect on the circuit board, I can only go by the that partnamuals and by visual inpection of both front and back. By the way the 746493-001 Power connector board for use on keyboard base models not equipped with a hard drive (includes power connector, HDMI port, and USB port) has no input for a hard drive cable.  As a former HP employee, I double checked on this.   As I said before, anyone who bought this particular model G110DX from BB should run into this.

HP Recommended
Great info we're sharing here and I didn't want to sound condescending or ungrateful for the information. Your news about the 128 g SD card is great news. If you compare the part numbers from the the two docs that are out there: C03959868 and C03957651, it's amazing the different parts used in these two versions.
HP Recommended

trekker,

Thanks for info.  I get it now.  Please correct me if I'm wrong:  The Power Connector Board (PCB) that is in the HP Split x2 from Best Buy, model 13-g110dx, does not come equipped with a connector for any hard drive.  The part number of this PCB is 746493-001.  In order to connect the proper hard drive, the correct part number would be 736895-001.

From the manual:

PCB part numbers.JPG

So, since the Best Buy model did not come with a hard drive, it did not come with the PCB that included the hard drive connector.  At least, that is the current logic.

Well, darn.  :manfrustrated:

Trekker, here's the only pic I could find in the manual of where the hard drive connector would be (Number "2"):

HDD connector.JPG

If it's not there, then it appears you have solved this mystery.  Thanks!

HP Recommended

Correct and if you look at the alternative HDMI board, that board will not fit in the space due to the battery size.  There is a smaller battery which leads me to believe that there's a whole bunch of extra part needed to make this fly.  Just for kicks I went on the HP website and configured an M100 X2 not G110 X2 and added an i5, 500GB drive and 128 MB SSD along with a bigger battery, that puppy was over $1000 so I guess my $650 BF deal from BB wasn't so bad:)  I can always buy the 128 SD card you mentioned to increase memory size.  I'm temped to check to see if the 128 SSD in the tablet section is soldered in or in a socket.  I'm afraid I might break something and be totally out of luck.

HP Recommended

Trekker, wouldn't you want to compare the BB model to model Split 13t-g100 x2 on the HP shopping site instead of model  M100 X2?  You can add the 500GB HDD, already have the better battery and i5; it would be $929 but also lighter and thinner than the  M100 X2, among other things.

I am very happy still with my BF BB purchase for $650 as well.

HP Recommended

I totally agree.  I just wanted to point out that HP nickles and dimes you to death with Options.  I was suprised that the M100 could be upgraded to an i5 from an i3, whilst the G110 is already an i5.  I'll check out prices for the128 MB SD cards.  TigerDirect had them for $79.  Take care

HP Recommended

Update to the mSATA drive in the BB G110DX tablet.  The current mSATA drive is a Samsung MZMTD128HAFV.  It could be replaced with an MZMTD256HAFV.  The current price on that is around $237.  This would give the BB G110DX a bit more memory in the tablet and with the new 128GB SD cards coming out, this would give a reasonably good storage capacity.  Thought you all should know.

HP Recommended

Have you noticed that the g-dx model has a cheaper and slower i5 CPU? Ok, it's thinner and fanless, but only a 42(02/00)Y with 1,5Ghz/2Ghz and 4200HD.

The m model has a i5 4200U with 1,6Ghz + Intel 4600HD with Intel Turbo boost up to 2,6Ghz. That combined with the max. 8GB RAM makes the old version very, very fast.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.