Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

When I start my laptop I get this annoying message every time:

"The system bios has detected your notebook PC was placed in hibernation to avoid overheating .

The system is now operating normally and your data should remain intact.

Overheating may occur if the cooling vents are blocked or the operating temperature exceed the specification. The notebook PC should return to normal operation once the situation is resolved.

System Temperature (90D)" 

So i have to press Enter every time to start my OS.... it's annoying and can't get rid of it, I don't have temperature problems or anything, my laptop is over a cooling pad and it's not hot, there are no problems while using it, its just that message and the fact that i have to press Enter every time to boot ...

Is there a way to get rid of it?

I tried flashing the bios with the hp tool but with no success ... 

88 REPLIES 88
HP Recommended
Hello
I am French.
I use the google translator.
I have the same problem with my new DV8-1090ef.
I bought it yesterday! "
Bios problem?
Thank you
micnad

HP Recommended
the same problem how to solve?!!!!!!!!!!! who can help!!!!!!!!!!!!! btw i flashed bios and no reaction god **bleep** >_< help!!
HP Recommended

I am having the exact same problem with my Pavilion dv6 I received it last week (11/11/09) and it has been doing this every time I turn on the computerIf anyone could help it would be greatly appreciatedHere is some of my hardware profile

Default run level: 5
Language: en_US.UTF-8
Platform: x86_64
BogoMIPS: 3192.19
CPU Vendor: GenuineIntel
CPU Model: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU       Q 720  @ 1.60GHz
CPU Stepping: 5
CPU Family: 6
CPU Model Num: 30
Number of CPUs: 8
CPU Speed: 1597
System Memory: 3917
System Swap: 5919
Vendor: Hewlett-Packard
System: HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC

HP Recommended

Spent an hour on the phone with HP support and they had me do all the basics and then they had me "Sytem Restore" which did nothing but wipe out my laptop and return it to factory condition. I knew this would do nothing as I'm certain this is a bios issue. HP is thinking it is a hardware issue and are having me send it in... I will update with the results.

UPDATE! -- SOLUTION - I found a very simple fix for this error - Shut down the laptop - Remove the power cord - Remove the battery - Disconnect the cmos battery - Press the power button for 30 seconds - Wait 2 more minutes - Re-connect the cmos battery - Insert the battery - Connect the power cord.

Note: You must enter the bios on your first boot and set the Date and Time.

Other Notes: My laptop is a pavilion dv4 1220us and the cmos battery was under the WWAN cover on the bottom, I removed one screw and removed the cover and there was the cmos battery (Blue w/2wires leading to a connector) I simply unpluged the wire.

Enter Bios by pushing the esc button on boot and select f10 to edit the bios.

Hope this helps everyone.

Message Edited by Zimzy on 11-16-2009 09:25 AM
Message Edited by Zimzy on 11-16-2009 09:27 AM
HP Recommended
Réponse avec le traducteur de google.
Bonjour
J'ai rendu mon portable au marchand.
J'ai reçu un bon d'achat en échange.
J'en achèterai un autre plus tard.
Mais ça commence mal avec la marque HP.
Merci pour vos réponses.
micnad

Reply with google translator.
Hello
I paid my mobile shop.
I received a purchase in exchange.
I will buy another one later.
But it started badly with the HP brand.
Thank you for your responses.
micnad
HP Recommended

have the same problem with a

HP Pavilion dv6-2057ez with ubuntu 9.10.

Maybe the problem is with linux OS ?

Thanks Zimzy for your solution but is a bit too technical for my :HalfEyes: I this I will bring back the computer to the shop if there are no odder solution

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue as you guys, I also have the dv4-1220US, i have another 2 months left on warranty and only bought the system 10 months ago. This will be my third problem with the system (first was a screen defect, second was the battery was not holding a charge longer than 10 minutes).

I am sending in the laptop for this over heating issue, my system will turn off its screen, then the wifi and sound keys will go red and then it will turn off after a few minutes like that unresponsive. After waiting a few minutes and turning on again, it will repeat to turn off on its own. Only after waiting a few hours will the system let you turn it back on. The issue only occurs in "High Performance" mode under windows vista. 

Hopefully they repair the issue.

HP Recommended

On HP DV8 1050 ep upgrading the BIOS to F.12 (released 2009-12) corrected that BUG, but now the FAN is ALWAYS ON making a terrible noise!

- Disabling the "FAN always on" option on the BIOS setup doesn´t make any difference.

- The BIOS update utility doesn´t allow me to downgrade back to the previous BIOS version.

Any Ideas to solve this issue?

HP Recommended

I just updated by bios as well. Now my fan will not stop!!!! This is my first HP laptop and I am not happy. Will call support tomorrow.

Seems like they tried to fix my 90D error by turning the fan on all the time?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.