Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I need help trying to find a stylus that would work for the HP ENVY x360 m6 Convertible.   This was a recent purchase and I chose the 2 in 1 laptop for the versatility to use it as a teaching tool (writing notes in one note).  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  I do not want the option of a rubber tip generic stylus but would prefer something that has more sensitivity and pressure as I also have a surface pro at school (the envy is my home computer).  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

As far as other brands go, I have no idea. You would have to look to reviews on the GoogleSphere for that and hope they are accurate.

Update: Many reports by users claiming the HP pen (regardless of compatability) will not work on the Envy M6 series, so I do not endorse purchasing any pen at this time for that series.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hello Coachberry,

What is the Full Model Number?   HP ENVY x360 - m6-?

This is the Active Stylus recommended for the HP Envy x360.

HP Active Stylus | HP® Official Store

But there could also be a firmware update required for it to work. Ergo, I need to know the full model number.

If you're asking if it would also work on the MS Surface Pro, I have no way of knowing.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Product name:HP ENVY x360 m6 Convertible
Product number:M1V66UAR#ABA
Serial number:[Personal Information Removed]

I'm just trying to find a stylus that would work on the Envy model as I already have several stylus markers that work on my surface pro.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

OK thanks for the info. Only the Product number is required.

That model is the  ENVY m6-w103dx.

The link I gave you above is for the correct stylus for your x360.

There are no firmware updates reported for it.

Hope that helps. Good luck.

HP Recommended
Photoray002,
Thanks for the response. Is that stylus the only option (as it's a bit pricey at around$50-60)? Is there other options like the Dell Active Stylus which is a third of the cost? I don't mind spending the money for a much better product but if they are similar then I would save $40. Thanks again as I made the initial mistake and bought an HP Executive Pen that doesn't work 😞.
HP Recommended

As far as other brands go, I have no idea. You would have to look to reviews on the GoogleSphere for that and hope they are accurate.

Update: Many reports by users claiming the HP pen (regardless of compatability) will not work on the Envy M6 series, so I do not endorse purchasing any pen at this time for that series.

HP Recommended

I am looking for more insight into this issue. I have the HP ENVY x360 m6-aq103dx and am looking for some kind of pen or stylus to use to create pressure sensitive drawings in adobe illustrator. 

I currently have an HP Active Pen Product number 761392-001 and I have had no luck making it work with the device. 

Do you have any further insight on how to they are supposed to work or connect? 

HP Recommended

tomithompson

To verify, you have the Active pen PN:761392-001 SPS PN:773175-001

I assume you checked to make sure the battery was good.

I cannot find the exact documentation for that model 360 and compatability.

You would do best to contact HP Support directly for a warranty issue and verify it will be correct.

Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

Update: This pen does not work on the Envy m6 aqxxx series

HP Recommended

Hello folks...hope someone can help me out, lookin for a pen/stylus for a 

HP ENVY x360-m6-ar004dx Convertible

Pruduct # W2K56UAR#ABA

Looking to jot notes doodle etc.

Thanks All

always willing to learn always willing to help
HP Recommended

I HEARD the Bamboo Omni or Adonit Dash work, but I haven't received my Adonit yet in the mail.

I'm not an HP employee or agent
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.