10-28-2013 05:39 PM - edited 10-28-2013 05:40 PM
The hard drive on my HP G61-429WM ended up dying. I plan on upgrading my HP G60-445DX hard drive with the following http://www.crucial.com/upgrade/HP+-+Compaq-memory/
What I wanted to know is, can I swap my working hard drive from my HP G60-445DX into my HP G61-429WM? I plan on doing a clean install of Windows 7 64bit but wanted to know if there might be any compatiblity issues by swapping the hard drive into a different HP model.
Hope to hear from the support team,
10-28-2013 05:43 PM
You can swap HDD (empty) between two machines.
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)