Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am not very tech savy, but I was able to successfully follow the instructions for updating the TS-L633M ATA device up to the follwing point:  Upon opening the Samsung Stand Alone Flasher, there is "Drive not found" in the Select Drive window. Therefore, when the F/W File is populated with "SN-S083M_SB02_speedpatched.bin" , I get the message: "This firmware is not compatible with the selected drive."

I am stuck at this point. Can anyone provide assistance in getting the Flasher to recognize the drive?  Thank you.

HP Recommended

I can't find the SN-S083M_SB02.BIN file.  I have an .exe named the same and it tries to find the .bin when I double click it.  Am I doing something wrong.  I thought the .exe would extract the .bin but it doesn't.  Thanks.

Mark

HP Recommended

Keeps saying that I don't have a drive it can flash.

HP Recommended

I forgot where I got this information, but the .exe file is a zipped folder within which is contained the .bin file. The .exe will unzip with 7-Zip, an open source utility. I downloaded this off of CNET. Once 7-Zip is installed, right click on the .exe file,  select 7-Zip and Open Archive.

HP Recommended

Yeah, I tried WinZip and it would not unzip it.  I don't think it's a zipped file.  Thx

HP Recommended

Given how the .exe 'file' appears, I understand your skepticism. However, I reiterate, if you download 7-Zip and use it to open the .exe, you will find contained within the following two files:

Tsdnwin.exe

SN-S083M_SB02.bin

Per the information I read prior to downloading 7-Zip, WinZip is not the only type of zipped files. Although it is the most often utilized and probably most popular, it is not the only file compressor in existence. It's similar to:  We are likely not the only intelligent life in the Cosmos. Did I digress?

HP Recommended

Thanks for the info!  I'll try that.

HP Recommended

Wow, that did it.  Thanks!  I thought Winzip would surely do it, but I was wrong.  Thanks again.

HP Recommended

Grrrrr, got a little farther with the install.  Now when I run tsdnwin as admin, the program comes up and I choose the speedpatch.bin the message says "Can't find suitable drive for F/W"  any clue.  I confirmed I have the TS-L633M CD drive.  Not sure what to do at this point, but pitch the stupid drive and buy an new one.

HP Recommended

Oaktree, this is where I came in. If you read my original entry on this thread, I am in a similar position. When I open the Flasher, it isn't seeing the drive in the Select Drive window. So when I select the speedpatch.bin file, the message I get is, "This firmware is not compatible with the selected drive."  Of course it isn't compatible when there isn't a drive to select.  When I look in Device Manager, the drive is recognized and appears enabled.  It appears we're both stuck in similar places.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.