Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Re: TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L633M Drive problems

Introductory Material.

1. Here is the solution for updating TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L633M ATA DEVICE.

1. There is an update for the TS-L633M from Samsung but it only has version SC01, which WILL NOT UPDATE  the HP version of TS-L633M because the HP version is 0301 with an OEM Code of HM.

1. However, Samsung has rebranded TS-L633M with a new ATA Device Driver that is called SN-S083M and has an update driver SC02.

1. The way that you update TS-L633M Code Version 0301 with OEM Code HM with the new Samsung SN-S083M Code Version SC02 is to patch the file and flash the HP TS-L633M with the patched file.

Instructions.

IMPORTANT ----- THIS ONLY PERTAINS to those who have the HP TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L633M ATA Device - Check the Device Manager to make sure you have this Model Number Device Driver before proceding - YOU DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. Only proceed if your product is not in warranty and do not desire to pay for another DVD drive.

1. Go to the following link and download the firmware SN-S083M Global Distribution SB02: http://www.samsungodd.com/eng/Firmware/FWDownload/fwdownload.asp?functionvalue=view&no=606&parent_id...

1. Download the Samsung stand alone flasher: http://www.samsungodd.com/KorLib/File/tsdnwin.exe

1. Download and unzip ala42's MCSE http://ala42.cdfreaks.com/MCSE/MediaCodeSpeedEdit.zip

Source of Download:  http://ala42.cdfreaks.com/MCSE/

1. Create a folder and name it FLASH and place the following 3 items in the folder.

SN-S083M_SB02.bin that you extracted

Samsung stand alone flash utility

Ala42 MCSE that you downloaded and extracted from the zip file

1. After placing all three objects in step 5 into the folder named FLASH, place the folder FLASH and all its contents in C-Drive.

1. After placing the folder FLASH in C-Drive, open the folder and RIGHT CLICK on ALA42 MediaCodeSpeedEdit.exe and RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.

1. When ALA42 MediaCodeSpeedEdit.exe opens, click on the LOAD button and navigate to the FLASH folder in C-Drive and load the file SN-S083M_SB02.bin - When the file it loaded it will show all its regions.

1. When the SN-S083M_SB02.bin file is fully loaded, place a CHECK MARK by the RPC1 box at the lower right hand corner of ALA42 MCSE.

1. After putting a check mark by the box RPC1 in ALA42 MCSE, click the SAVE button on the upper right hand corner and save the file in the FLASH folder as SN-S083M_SB02_speedpatched.bin.

1. Now go to START > ALL PROGRAMS > ACCESSORIES > COMMAND PROMPT and right click on the Command Prompt and chose RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR to open Command Prompt in Administrator Role.

1. Once the command prompt opens, type the following:  CD C:\FLASH and hit the ENTER BUTTON.

1. After hitting the enter button, the command prompt should read FLASH.

1. At the FLASH Command Prompt, type the following:  tsdnwin  nocheck and hit the Enter Button to open the Samsung Stand Alone Flasher.

1. When the Samsung Stand Alone Flasher opens, click on the on the SEARCH Button and navigate to the file "SN-S083M_SB02_speedpatched.bin" to load it in the Samsung Flash Utility.

1. The "SN-S083M_SB02_speedpatched.bin" file will load and then click DOWNLOAD to begin to flash your TS-L633M ATA Device.

1. Wait until the flash is complete and when it finishes, it will ask you to reboot the computer and you must reboot.

1. When you rebott and are back at your desktop, Windows will recognize the drivers for your TS-L633M ATA Device and install the new drivers SN-S083M_SB02.

1. When it finishes installing your drivers, reboot the computer one more time and then you are done.

NOW ENJOY your updated CD/DVDRW Drive.

50 REPLIES 50
HP Recommended
  1. The "SN-S083M_SB02_speedpatched.bin" file will load and then click DOWNLOAD to begin to flash your TS-L633M ATA Device.

Hi after this step the file does not load and a msg appears that no file for F/W drive

request your assistance , the file should be saved in which format?

HP Recommended

You must open the Samsung Flash Utility through the COMMAND PROMPT.

Create a folder and name it FLASH and place the following 3 items in the folder.

SN-S083M_SB02.bin that you extracted

Samsung Standalone Flash Utility

Ala42 MCSE that you downloaded and extracted from the zifile

Place the Flash Folder and its contents in C-Drive.

After that go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt and Right Click on Command Prompt and choose RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.

When the Command Prompt opens in Administrative Role, the following: CD C:\FLASH (That is CD followed by a space and followed by C:\:FLASH followed by hitting the ENTER BUTTON).

The Command Prompt will then change to FLASH.

At the FLASH Command Prompt, type the following. tsdnwin  nocheck (That is tsdnwin followed by a space followed by the word nocheck followed by hitting the ENTER KEY on your Keyboard).

This will open the Samsung Flash Utility.  Now click on SEARCH and scroll to the C-Drive and open the FLASH Folder and load the SN-S083M_SB02_speedpatched.bin into the Samsung Flash Utility.

After it loads click on DOWNLOAD and it will flash your TS-L633M ATA Device Drive.

I hope you did those steps.  Let me know how it goes for you by using these directions.

If that does not help, download the file from this link:  http://www.sendspace.com/file/uaszzm.

This is a NOCHECK Flash Utility that will flash it without going through the command prompt..

Unzip the file and right click on it and RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR and see if you can flash it by using this NOCHECK Samsung Flasher.

HP Recommended

Hi, Once again I’m back with a problem seeking your advice.

I have this TSST corp CDDVDW TS-633M   0200  HM

Its only reading CDs and sometimes DVDS (after numerous attempts) thus thought of updating it as a last resort.

Have tried all the methods to Flash it or upload the bin file but in vain.

(This Firmware is not compatible with the selected drive ) that’s the msg flashed on the screen.

"SN-S083M_SB02_speedpatched.bin is saved by the default settings which in my case is vlc. Is that making a problem? And should I change the default program to something else?

Request your advice on the same,:smileyhappy:

Thanks.

HP Recommended
Hi, Once again I’m back with a problem seeking your advice.
I have this TSST corp CDDVDW TS-633M 0200 HM
Its only reading CDs and sometimes DVDS (after numerous attempts) thus thought of updating it as a last resort.
Have tried all the methods to Flash it or upload the bin file but in vain.
(This Firmware is not compatible with the selected drive ) that’s the msg flashed on the screen.
"SN-S083M_SB02_speedpatched.bin is saved by the default settings which in my case is vlc. Is that making a problem? And should I change the default program to something else?
Request your advice on the same,
Thanks.
HP Recommended

I am somewhat confused over your comment of uploading the BIN file. That does not make any sense to me. On 3 forums, I have received successful messages with following my prescription for the TS-L633M CD/DVD RW Drive.

Below is the link to the patched file that I used to bring my TS-L633M DVD/CD Player back to life.

Go the the following link and download it and save this file to C-Drive and unzip it in C-Drive: http://www.sendspace.com/file/4k8lbx

There are 2 Samsung Flash Utilities in this download. The Flash Utility SFDNWIN3.27.11.EXE is the NOCHECK Flash Utility. When you unzip it in C-Drive in the folder that is named FLASH, right click on it and RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR and navigate to the BIN file and see if that will work.

Also, the second Flash Utility in the folder is the normal flash utility from Samsung but you will have to use the COMMAND Prompt as instructed before.

If this does not work, email me busykid508@hotmail.com.

HP Recommended

Have you gone into your BIOS settings to see if the CD/DVD Drive is enabled? 

If you have not, reboot the computer and hold down the F10 key to enter into your BIos Settings and look in Configuration to see if the CD/DVD Internal Drive is Enabled.  If not, enable it and make sure the Boot Sequence has the drive listed and enabled.

HP Recommended

I just uploaded this file for you.  Go to this link and download DriverGenius 11:  http://www.sendspace.com/file/k4xitv

I think you are missing some IDE Control drivers that are not registering your DVD/CD Drive. Driver Genius will help to find all the newest drivers for your machine.  I want you to install all the drivers that Driver Genius finds for you.

Follow the directions below.

Download and Unzip the DriverGenius 11.

Open the folder and scroll to DriverGenius.exe and click on it to open.

When it opens, it will immediately scan your computer for all the drivers to see if it can update them. Allow this to happen.

After it finishes scanning, click on LIVE UPDATE and allow it to download updates for your computer.

When it finishes with Live Update, go to HOME and then click SCAN for a second time and allow it to scan your computer and find updated drivers.

When it finishes finding updated drivers, click FIX ALL and it will download the updated drivers to your computer.  It may take up to an hour to finish downloading but allow all drivers to download before installing them.

When it finishes downloading, highlight each driver and right click and choose INSTALL and let it install all the drivers and follow onscreen instructions.

After all drivers are installed, see if it will help you to recognize your computer.

Let me know.

HP Recommended

Have emailed you , Sir.

Please advice.

HP Recommended

Read my reply email.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.