11-12-2012 07:44 PM
All the ports were open to the window when it was storming terribly, and with me being completely dumb, all the water got into the ports and the whole laptop is done. The battery is the only working thing and I believe it's the hard drive that needs to be replaced but I have no idea what kind of hard drive to buy. I had a busted screen and replaced it myself and I believe I can replace the hard drive myself. please help me figure out what kind of hard drive to buy! thanks y'all!
11-13-2012 10:03 PM
The laptop uses a Mobile SATA hard drive.
What is happening when you try to turn it on?
Are you getting any signs of life?
Any error messages?
If no signs of life, try removing the hard drive to see if it will power up and enter BIOS-by tapping/holding F10 immediately after pushing power button to turn on.If still no life-it is probably much worse than simply water damage to hard drive.
|**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others**|
******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.******
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)