Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

New HP 2000 Notebook PC.  Information provided in case anyone has a problem with tapping the touchpad to disable and enable it.  It is supposed to disable/enable upon two taps close together on the depression in upper left corner of touchpad. However, mine was working sometimes and sometimes not, fingers getting sore from hitting it over and over. Best thing is to call HP Support and they will remotely send new drivers which automatically install. Helps quite a bit.

Other option I like better is to go to Control Panel-Mouse-TouchPad. Click on TouchPad and beneath are two boxes, Enable and Disable. One click and it's done.

21 REPLIES 21
HP Recommended

You can also find the latest drivers for any system by going to this link and putting in  your product number.

I am an employee of Hewlett Packard.

- - Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem so others can more easily find the answer - -
- - Please click the Kudos star if you would like to say thanks - -
HP Recommended

Thanks good info

HP Recommended

Perhaps you were talking about an HP 2000 with Win 8 loaded.  I just bought a new HP 2000 with Win 7 loaded (which is the main reason I purchase it), and there is NO "Touch Pad" option to select under Control Panel/Mouse. 

HP Recommended

I have the HP 2000 notebook with Windows 8 and there is no enable disable for mouse pad...so what else can I do...I had the touch working fine but after it was somehow turned off I cannot get it back...when I tap twice  on the depression It does disable the mouse, but it doesn't ENABLE the touch system?  not a big deal, but I would like to understand why this is happening and I would like to use touch...???

HP Recommended

hey friens!

i have the same problem ,what complicating it is that  on mouse property window for windows7 there is no device setting tab,what can i do to fix it?

HP Recommended

Hello Mukunzi. I understand you are experiencing issues with your touchpad on Windows 8. If you follow the troubleshooting steps in this HP document, the issue should be resolved: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05336150 (Link Updated 04/27/2017)

Please respond when you complete the troubleshooting so I know the results. I will continue to assist you if necessary.

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Touch Pad Enable/Disable

HP Recommended

Hi banshidhar, I will be happy to assist you with your Touch Pad. What is the Model number of your Touch Pad?

Please respond at you convenience and I will be happy to help.

Thank you

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
I have the same problem and I have an HP 2000 laptop
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.