Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

hi,

really hoping someone can help. today i encountered a small problem. my hp pavilion dv6-2060ea touch panel (the one where you can switch off wifi and control volume) is not responding to any of my touch, but  still lights up as usual, even on loading of windows they do change colour. however, both wifi and volume control work perfectly, when accessed through other interfaces! (i.e. i can adjust volume through the remote and i can disable the wifi manually)

I'm finding this really strange as till yesterday everything was working fine. already tried to find drivers and re-install them, but still no effect. was actually thinking about making a full format and re-install the system, to see if this panel is still hardware wise functional or just a driver problem! but hoping in an answer to ensure where this problem is coming from without going through all that hassle!

does anybody know whether this model suffers from this symptom regularly?

would re-installing ensure me that my touch screen is dead or not?

thx, would really like some support!

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-Notebook-PC-questions/HP-Pavilion-DV7-1232NR-Mute-button/td-p/112... Try the tip about plugging out the battery and doing a dry-startup. Worked for me!
HP Recommended

Thanks mate you are great!! I did manage to get it working by doing the dry startup...you saved me a lot of hassle! Really appreciate!

HP Recommended

that works to correct the problem for me too. But I have to do it a few times a week.  please tell me HP has a permanent fix?!

HP Recommended

I have a simular problem,  The volume and mute controls seem to adjust on their own.  I am now thinking that it is the "touch" function is too sensetive and activates automously.  How do I disable the touch volume and mute controls?

HP Recommended

pobox272, 

If you want to disable those buttons, you will need to uninstall the quicklaunch software.

If you need assistance on how to uninstall the software, reply back with what version of Windows you are using and I will give you the steps on how to disable it. 

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

I have a HP dv7 3060US and it is doing the same thing. I tried the battery thing with the F10 but it still doesn't work. What next? where can I check to see if the driver is still there?

HP Recommended

Hey rattony10, 

To check and see if the Quick Launch software is installed, 

On Windows 7

1. Click Start button

2. Type "programs"

3. Click Programs and Features

4. Look for 'HP Quick Launch Buttons'. If the software isn't listed, you'll need to download and re-install it from here

If the buttons still don't work, you need to make sure you have the latest BIOS version. BIOS stands for Basic Input/Output System/Service. It is the language that all of the hardware components in your computer use to communicate with each other. There are updates which come out periodically for it so it would be best to have the latest version. The following steps were taken from here.

1. Windows 8: From the Start screen, type "msinfo32". Click msinfo32 from the list of results.

Windows 7&Vista: Click the Start button, type "msinfo32". Click msinfo32.exe from the list of results.

1. About halfway down on the right, look for BIOS Version/DateBIOS Version/Date entry
  1. Copy and paste the information to the right of BIOS Version/Date in the value column, into your reply.

4. Here is a link to the latest BIOS version for your particular computer F.13.

Please let me know if you have any questions! I'll keep an eye out for your reply.

HP Recommended
BIOS version/date Hewlett-Packet F.51, 17/08/2009
HP Recommended
Compaq 6910p
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.