Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

My touchpad mouse is not working any more, and a yellow light appeared. What are happening? What can I do to turn it on?

Hp Probook 6460 b, [edited], Prosessor Intel(R) Core (TM) i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try double-tapping the top left corner of the TouchPad ( ie where the yellow led is ) and this is usually the wethod to toggle the pad On/Off.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

47 REPLIES 47
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try double-tapping the top left corner of the TouchPad ( ie where the yellow led is ) and this is usually the wethod to toggle the pad On/Off.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Yesss! The light is gone,and the mouse is working again! Thanks a lot!!

I was imagining working with a laptop only with an external mouse - what a drag!

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're welcome and good to hear it's working :generic:

All the best,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

hi

HP Recommended

Wow, this problem would come and go for me, to the point I thought I was crazy.  At one point I did think it might be a toggle on/off but I never knew where I click or tap to make this happen:-)   Thanks, Beverly60

HP Recommended

Thanks to you for helping me so quickly.  I work for HP and I just got a new laptop for work and of course in the middle of remote monitoring the led lights up...thanks and I did give kudos!!!

HP Recommended

I had red light appear twice....and now the touch pad does not work at all.  I am using a USB mouse which works now and then (Windows 7).

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello Ispearnak,

I see that you are having problems with the touch-pad on your HP computer. I would like to help with this issue but I need some information.

How long have you been having this problem?

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

HP Recommended
Wow really CƠ̴̴̴̴̴͡Ơ̴̴̴̴̴͡l never would ve tot I could just hit on d lite twice. Mouse up nd doin nw. Tanks ppl
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.