Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop & the mouse cursor works on the (enter password) screen but once I get to the homepage it won't move, ca you PLEASE assist me with this issue? I KNOW THIS IS AN (HP) SIGHT but any assistance would be great??? dlassiter62
HP Recommended
Thank you so much.
HP Recommended
Thank you very much. Easy fix I never would have figured out.
HP Recommended
I'm also having problem with my touch pad cursor it doesn't work at all tried all types of tricks but nothing. What's weird is that it's telling me it's corrupt #39. But it works when I turn on Linux. Can some help me out please! I have a hp g60-233nr notebook PC/ vista
HP Recommended

Hi Jred75. The drivers are clearly corrupt. Can you uninstall the touchpad drivers and reinstall the latest Vista software.
Synaptics PS/2 Port Touchpad Driver:
https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended
Hi twopointoh, I appreciate the time you took to help me out! Although I wish there was good news to tell you , there just isn't any. I tried exactly what you said n even though after the download n restart, each time it said downloaded successfully. So I went in to device manager and it said the download wasn't successful code 1. I was very confuse cause it went from code 39 to code 1. So I decided to redo the entire process over. Once again after the download and the restart it said your download was successful. I again open device manager to verify that I notice that now it's saying it wasn't successful, n that the drivers for this device have not been installed code 28. I'm so confused now more that ever. I really thought that this was the time it was gonna be fixed after all the things I've tried. What am I doing wrong if anything? If you can help it would be deeply appreciated. If you can't thanks for the advice thanks again,
HP Recommended

My pleasure Jred75.  So here are all of the device manager error codes decoded:

1 = This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1)
28 = The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)
39 = Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

I think you should use the recovery manager to reinstall the original Touchpad drivers:

Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers:
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01868333

If this fails a full recovery might be required to fix this.

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended
Thanks, I was just about to return laptop to HP. I must have switched touch pad off unknowingly. Problem solved, thanks
HP Recommended

Thanks a lot. 

HP Recommended

Exactly,  beautiful solution.      knicebein/NASA

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.