Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
15R203TU
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

My touchpad is not working. Pointer disappeard. when I connect my laptop with mouse, using mouse everything working fine. please suggest how to resolve this issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Support Community @rakesh_chy!

I understand that you are having an issue with the TouchPad on your HP 15-r203TU Notebook PC. You had said the TouchPad is not working properly but an external one works. 

Have you tried to see if it happens in Safe Mode?

Have you done any Windows Updates?

Have you tried using the HP Support Assistant?

Here is a link to the HP Support Assistant if you need it. Just download and run the application and it will help with the software and drivers on your system that need updating.

Please follow the steps below, and see if they work:  

• Type in Search, "Device Manager", 
  • Click On Device Manager,
  • Expand Mice and other pointing devices,  
  • Right Click on the TouchPad, 
  • Click on Uninstall,
  • Restart the Notebook twice, 
  • Reinstall the TouchPad Adapter.

Have you tried to Update the TouchPad drivers manually? If not, please follow the steps below. 

• Click on Update Driver Software, 
  • Restart your Notebook. 

The best document I have for TouchPad issues is the Using and Troubleshooting the TouchPad or ClickPad document. 

Have you tried to test the Hardware to see if it passes the component testing? 

If not, please remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices, as these could cause some issues, and run the Component Test on the Mouse. 

Did this reply resolve your issue or answer your question? If yes, then please share the good news! Let others know this reply was helpful by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation by clicking the Thumbs Up.

If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please re-post with the results of the troubleshooting. 

Thanks! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Support Community @rakesh_chy!

I understand that you are having an issue with the TouchPad on your HP 15-r203TU Notebook PC. You had said the TouchPad is not working properly but an external one works. 

Have you tried to see if it happens in Safe Mode?

Have you done any Windows Updates?

Have you tried using the HP Support Assistant?

Here is a link to the HP Support Assistant if you need it. Just download and run the application and it will help with the software and drivers on your system that need updating.

Please follow the steps below, and see if they work:  

• Click on Uninstall,
  • Restart the Notebook twice, 
  • Reinstall the TouchPad Adapter.

Have you tried to Update the TouchPad drivers manually? If not, please follow the steps below. 

• Click on Update Driver Software, 
  • Restart your Notebook. 

The best document I have for TouchPad issues is the Using and Troubleshooting the TouchPad or ClickPad document. 

Have you tried to test the Hardware to see if it passes the component testing? 

If not, please remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices, as these could cause some issues, and run the Component Test on the Mouse. 

Did this reply resolve your issue or answer your question? If yes, then please share the good news! Let others know this reply was helpful by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation by clicking the Thumbs Up.

If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please re-post with the results of the troubleshooting. 

Thanks! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

Thanks. issue resolved.

HP Recommended

No problem, it is always my pleasure to help!

Thank you for letting me know that the issue was resolved 🙂

Take care! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.