Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion g7-2336sf
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone,

I just have upgraded my cpu from Pentium B960 to i5-2540m . It works fine but i think that the turbo boost is desactivate. Frequency cannot up to 3.3ghz. I've tried benchmarks and cpu stay at 2.6 .

As we can see this cpu is compatible with this pavilion g7:

https://www.google.fr/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjP1cOvrKDPA...

Page 86:

Intel Core i5-2540M 2.60-GHz (SC turbo up to 3.30-GHz) processor (3.0-MB L3 cache, dual core,
35 W)

My bios is insydeh20 F26 and is locked. I have no option about Turbo boost. Only Intel Virtualization VT .

I try to enter bios with F10 + A and doesn't work.

Can anyone help me to activate Turbo boost on my i5 ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi everyone,

Finally, it works !!! I see in an other forum that i must  load setup default bios and it will activate turbo boost. I did it and installed turbo boost software. It goes up tu 3.30ghz 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Superlulu,

Even though the processor is capable of turbo boost, the motherboard may not have a supported option for it. Try the steps below to see if it is supported or available for the motherboard.

To ensure TBT is available on the unit, download and install the Intel® Turbo Boost Technology Monitor tool from the www.intel.com web site.
  • If the unit is not TBT capable, the following error message displays.
    Figure : Error message
    Installation cannot continue error message
  • After installing the software, the following gadget is added:
    Figure : Added gadget
    The gadget
  • When the TBT kicks in, you will see the blue bar go up:
    Figure : Gadget progress bar
    Progress bar

Hopefully this helps, Let me know what happens!

Phil

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi Phil,

thank you for your answer. I have this error message... But I think it's because I have a locked bios, I don't have Turbo boost option, and many more. I have only Intel VT option. I think it's disabled. In the pdf manual, processor i5 with turbo mode is mentionned.

HP Recommended

Hi everyone,

Finally, it works !!! I see in an other forum that i must  load setup default bios and it will activate turbo boost. I did it and installed turbo boost software. It goes up tu 3.30ghz 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.