Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
J5V14AV
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I ran the quick test from the F2 hardware diagnostics menu and received the following failure ID:

U3049H-7B08AM-MFPV6K-60WP03

Does anyone know what it means? I am not currently experiencing any problems, but if I need to replace my HDD I'd like to do it before it fails. My computer is out of warranty. Any help appreciated!

Thx.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Would suggest you to replace the HDD at the earliest, Since the HDD shipped with your unit is 1TB and the different HDD which can used in your laptop is mentioned in the below manual

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04510290

Check Chapter 1 (page # 2) and 

Chapter 6 (Page # 43)

Regards

Mahemac

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post)
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
, I am speaking for myself and not for HP and I am not an HP Employee.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hi,

The below failure ID refers to Hard Disk 1 Quick Test Failure, you have to replace the Hard disk drive and then reinstall the Operating system to get the unit working.

Regards

Mahemac

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post)
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply. However, my computer is still working just fine. How long do I have to replace the HDD? Can I replace it with an SSD?

HP Recommended

Hi,

Would suggest you to replace the HDD at the earliest, Since the HDD shipped with your unit is 1TB and the different HDD which can used in your laptop is mentioned in the below manual

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04510290

Check Chapter 1 (page # 2) and 

Chapter 6 (Page # 43)

Regards

Mahemac

HP Recommended

Can I install a different hard drive than what is listed in the manual? Specifially, I'm looking at a 1TB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD from Amazon. 

HP Recommended

Hi,

If the HDD matches this specs then you can.

Supports 6.35 cm (2.5 in) hard drives in 9.5 mm (.37 in) and 7.0 mm (.28 in) thicknesses (all hard drives use the same bracket)

Regards

Mahemac

HP Recommended

>>> you have to replace the Hard disk drive and then reinstall the Operating system to get the unit working.

This compound sentence is only partially true.

Yes, you need to replace the disk-drive.

No, you don't need to backup your files, reinstall the Operating System, restore your files, and reinstall your application programs, because there exist "disk-cloning" programs that copy, byte-for-byte, from one disk-drive to another disk-drive.

You can "clone" from your current disk-drive to a SSD unit.

If your current disk-drive is made by SEAGATE or WESTERN DIGITAL, there is free(!) "disk-cloning" software available from each manufacturer's web-site.  The software from SEAGATE requires that either the "source" or "target" drive be a SEAGATE drive.  The software from W.D. requires that either the "source" or "target" drive be a W.D. drive.

Other people like the free disk-cloning software from: http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx

HP Recommended
Product Name:p3c92pa
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I ran the extensive test from the hardware diagnostics menu and received the following failure ID:PLX43H-80M8GH-XD7WMF-60WL03
hard drive 1

Does anyone know what it means? I am not currently experiencing any problems, but if I need to replace my HDD I'd like to do it before it fails. My computer is out of warranty.Product Name: J5V14AV
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I ran the quick test from the F2 hardware diagnostics menu and received the following failure ID:
U3049H-7B08AM-MFPV6K-60WP03
I'm unable to open any files very slow loading....
Does anyone know what it means? I am not currently experiencing any problems, but if I need to replace my HDD I'd like to do it before it fails. My computer is having 3months warranty.
HP Recommended
Product Name: p3c92pa
Operating System: hp Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit) amd Athlon processor.
I ran the extensive test from the hardware diagnostics menu and received the following failure ID: PLX43H-80M8GH-XD7WMF-60WL03
hard drive 1

Does anyone know what it mean? My computer is having 3 months warranty and I'm not able to open any files very slow loading. can anyone please suggest me to resolve this issue.
HP Recommended

Hi,

The error message refers to Hard Disk 1 Quick Test Failure. Call the HP Support if the unit is under warranty as they will be able to replace the Hard disk drive under warranty.

Regards

Mahemac

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.