Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY DV7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have a HP ENVY DV7 with 3-USB 3.0 ports and 1-USB 2.0 port. The USB 3.0 ports are working fine but the USB 2.0 is not working. When connecting a memory stick to the USB 2.0 port the power led on the memory stick lights up but the data led doesn't. The computer is not reacting at all to the inserted USB memory. The USB memory is working fine in the other 3.0 ports. I've tried also to connect other USB devices and it is the same thing. They are working fine on the USB 3.0 ports but nothing happens when connecting to the USB 2.0 port.

I've been looking at the USB drivers in Device Manager and haven't noted anything that looks strange.

I've run the System Diagnostics USB test at system start and got the following codes:

Failure ID: 9BXQGK-6JK858-QFPK0K-8D0G03

Product ID: C1W26EA#UUW

Any idea if this is a hardware or software fault?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @pefre,

Welcome to HP Forums! I have read your post and wanted to help.

I understand that the USB 2.0 port failed to work on your laptop. According to the failure code 9BXQGK-6JK858-QFPK0K-8D0G03 you offier, I got following results:

Failure ID Tag9BXQGK-6JK858-QFPK0K-8D0G03

ChecksumOK

Test Date2016/06/16

Failure Code434

Device

Communications

Includes

GPS, HUB, Modem, Network Card, Network Drive, PCI Card, PCMCIA, Switch, USB

Error Message

USB Failure (unspecified)

It seems like it has a hardware failure with the USB port.

Is your laptop still in warranty? If so, please contact HP phone support to arrange to a repair:

Please use the following link http://www.hp.com/contacthp to create a case for your issue, and contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html to get the contact information for your region.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".  To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below!  🙂  If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. Thanks.

Regards,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @pefre,

Welcome to HP Forums! I have read your post and wanted to help.

I understand that the USB 2.0 port failed to work on your laptop. According to the failure code 9BXQGK-6JK858-QFPK0K-8D0G03 you offier, I got following results:

Failure ID Tag9BXQGK-6JK858-QFPK0K-8D0G03

ChecksumOK

Test Date2016/06/16

Failure Code434

Device

Communications

Includes

GPS, HUB, Modem, Network Card, Network Drive, PCI Card, PCMCIA, Switch, USB

Error Message

USB Failure (unspecified)

It seems like it has a hardware failure with the USB port.

Is your laptop still in warranty? If so, please contact HP phone support to arrange to a repair:

Please use the following link http://www.hp.com/contacthp to create a case for your issue, and contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html to get the contact information for your region.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".  To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below!  🙂  If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. Thanks.

Regards,

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi,

I am in the same boat with my 3 of my 4 USB ports in froint not working.  Does not recogize any device that is plugged in.  On phone with HP for 3 hours.   Could not fix on line advised to send back.   Sent email to Max (case manager) describing this latest issue.  Just last month had to send my HP 750-114 ENVY back to have the MOTHERBOARD REPLACED, now it is going to be sent back to have the USB ports repaired which may lead to another MOTHERBOARD.  I have sent Max a copy of my receipt and requesting a full refund as this is the SECOND time my 8 month old computer has a failure.  As you can tell I am totally frustrated with HP. 

Email will be up on my tablet but of course once again for 9-12 I will be without my desktop computer.

Regards,

Bobby-left

rjpercent@oh.rr.com

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.