Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Mine still works perfectly.  I've updated my BIOS to the latest version (F.20) as well with no issue.  I'm running 2 monitors, one 1080P off the HDMI and another 1080P off of the DVI port.  Charging works as well over the USB-C port.  I got that message about using a non-HP charging port on the very first time but have never seen it since.

Maybe you got a lemon on the dock?  I would try replacing it and see if that works.  Also try downloading the latest DisplayLink drivers.

HP Recommended

The Kensington docking station is reliably working for me. It did need an HP support person to assist via online chat but all is good now.

HP Recommended
OP here.. just wanted to update that I bought the TNP USB C hub with charging, usb 3, gigabit ethernet and 4k hdmi for the HP spectre x360 i7 (2016 version) and it works great! internet is flowing, didn't test UHD on the hdmi but the FHD resolution is working, charging works though it notifies me that I should use the original charger (I think they want to make sure I don't fry my curcuits I guess) and the usb 3 is also working but does have disconnections from time to time so I wouldn't recommend using it with wireless keyboard/mouse.
I bought it on amazon for about 40$. I'd but a link but it doesn't show on the site anymore 😞
HP Recommended

Do you remember what it was you did that made the Kensington start working? Even though I'm using the Plugable, the symptoms are the same: message constantly popping up, clicking through it works momentarily, then message pops up again.

HP Recommended

I actually used live chat with HP support. The technician told me he had 'activated' my BIOS i.e. I had the required update but it was not yet active. I don't know how he did this but it has certainly fixed the problem. I now get the message but it continues to work.

HP Recommended
I called HP and spoke to someone who said my machine would not have the right LAN drivers, which is not true, and that there was no support for any type of hub, even the USB 3.0 hub a salesperson pointed me to. So maybe I just haven't reached the right tech support person.

I've reverted to using a Kensington powerless mobile USB c hub, whose Ethernet port once went out on me, until Plugable can send me a replacement. (By the way, their technical support has been reliable and informed, and the serial number on their device was 1026, which means it is still early days for them and this device. I really hope this replacement works out.
HP Recommended

Hey, the replacement they sent is working great. Only one warning from HP about the power source, and everything else is good. Great, I was rooting for these guys.

HP Recommended
Well. The laptop would crash when I left it hooked up to the hub for a while. In trying to fix that we've gotten to a point where my 4k monitor no longer responds to the hub, though it works fine directly attached to a Chromebook. I think I may try a USB 3 hub.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I saw your post and wanted to ask you what you thought about the Plugable USB-C Triple Display Docking Station. I've got a Spectre x360 and have been looking for a USB-C docking station to connect the rest of my devices but haven't seen too many reviews from people who have a Spectre.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hey there,

The Plugable Triple Display USB-C docking station is working just great here for me.  I've updated my HP Spectre x360 recently to the Windows Creators Update and it's still working just fine.  It charges and powers two displays as well as uses a few USB outlets.  I have noticed that you can overload the hub if you have too much running through it.  In my case, I had 2 monitors attached, was using the webcam, and tried to transfer large files to a external USB Hard Drive from the laptop (all through the dock plugged into one USB-C_.  That crashed the hub so now I have an additional powered 4 port USB hub that I attach to left USB-A port where I attach external hard drives and other USB-hungry things.

I would highly recommend it.  If you transfer files over an external I would buy an additional powered USB-hub to attach to the left USB-A port and then you can have everything running on just 2 USB hubs.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.