07-28-2012 08:24 PM
I have a HP pavilion g series laptop. I'm not sure what it is or anything, that's all I know about it.
But anyway, my USB ports aren't working.
I tried plugging in my mouse and i tried plugging in my xbox 360 controller, the lights come on for a few seconds on both of them, but then they went off and my computer won't pick them up.
What do I do to fix it this problem?
08-02-2012 06:27 PM
Try to go into device manager and see if you have any yellow !s or red triangles near the usb ports. Remove all the usb ports and hubs and reboot the machine. The drivers should reload automatically. Do the hard reset by removing the battery, unplugging the power adaptor, holding in the power button for a full minute, putting the battery and power adaptor back in and try it again.
Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may click on the white star in the "Kudos" button for any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks. These feedback tools help keep our community active, so you receive better answers faster.
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)