07-03-2009 04:33 PM
For the past few weeks, I have had trouble using devices through my usb ports. I found that whenever I attached a USB device to my HP Pavilion ZV6008CL, the computer would recognize that I plugged it in but would say "USB device not recognized" and wouldn't let me use it in any of the ports. At first, I was told to uninstall the usb root hubs and reinstall the usb.inf file that is embedded in windows. This approach solved the problem at first but then the same issue started again a couple of weeks later. This time, the usb ports still won't work after using the same troubleshooting approach that worked the first time. I should note that I am using windows XP service pack 3 and that I have not installed any new usb devices or programs since the problem first started. Does anyone have suggestions as to how I could solve this issue?
- HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating
- Computer Does Not Start and the LEDs Blink or the Computer Beeps
- Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset
- HP PCs - Improving Slow System Performance and Maintaining Your Computer (Windows 10)
- HP PCs – Resolving Slow System Performance (Windows 8)