Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Only one of three usb is working on some usb devices, is this problem caused by software or hardware?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey @Robith,

This error RSM45G-7MW844-MFPV6K-8D5J03 is an error with a USB device which can  include GPS, HUB, Modem, Network Card, Network Drive, PCI Card, PCMCIA, Switch, USB.

As you are in warranty, please call us http://ow.ly/Xa6p5 They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hey @Robith,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP Notebook and issues with the USB ports. Here is a link to troubleshoot USB connections.

I would uninstall everything listed in the Universal serial bus controllers list.

Please note remove any and all USB devices, and remove memory cards from the card reader slot. Disconnect all non-essential devices before uninstalling Universal serial bus controllers.

Restart your computer and then insert the USB device.

Please let me know how this goes.

To express appreciation for my post please click the Thumbs up icon.  If my post resolves the issue you are experiencing, please click Accept as Solution to help others find what worked for you!

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Dear Mrstenter, I have done it, but it still not working. My Laptop is still under warranty. Any advice?
HP Recommended

Hey @Robith,

If you have complete all the steps above that @Mrstenter provided, then I would suggest trying a BIOS restore.

Please note, before trying these steps make sure you have removed all none essential USB devices, and have the notebook plugged directly to a wall outlet.

To recover the BIOS, complete the following steps in this document.

Should that not work, then I would suggest calling in for support. Please use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp and create a case for your issue and contact HP.

If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link below to get the contact information for your region.
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

If this helps, please hit that Thumbs Up, and Accept as Solution.

Cheers,

TechSurge.

TechSurge
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

HP Recommended

Dear TechSurge,

I have followed Mrstenter advice. But the problem are still occured. I also already diagnostics the problem with HP UEFI Diagnostics, Its showing "USB port  -  Failed  -  RSM45G-7MW844-MFPV6K-8D5J03  -  5/11/2016" on my USB 3.0 port. What does that code mean? Is it means my notebook USB hardware error or something? Thanks for your reply.

HP Recommended

Hey @Robith,

This error RSM45G-7MW844-MFPV6K-8D5J03 is an error with a USB device which can  include GPS, HUB, Modem, Network Card, Network Drive, PCI Card, PCMCIA, Switch, USB.

As you are in warranty, please call us http://ow.ly/Xa6p5 They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

@Dear Mrstenter,

How long usually my notebook will be service? because as a engineering college student, most of my exercise and homework use this notebook. Thanks for reply.

HP Recommended

Hi @Robith,

You would need to talk to the service department usually 2 weeks.

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

CONNECT ME ONLINE MY USB SLOT NOT WORKIN 

@Robith wrote:

Only one of three usb is working on some usb devices, is this problem caused by software or hardware?

HP Recommended

TWO USB SLOT ONE IS ACTIVE

@Robith wrote:

CONNECT ONLINE SUPPORT

@Robith wrote:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.