Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15-ac179tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have downloaded the firmware update(SP72533) for my Hitachi HDD from HP site. But when i try to install it. I got an error message. 

" Setup Status: Window is using an EFI boot loader, we can't deploy this update. Refer to the Readme file for instructions to update the firmare locally. "

I go throw that readme file and follow the locally methd too. But as i try to boot from USB it stuck at " Start booting from USB device" and nothing happened further. 

I followed this mehod too : http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/how-to-update-seagate-hd-firmwar...

But still in same situation. Not able to update firmware. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hey there! @D_angerous, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand you have issues updating Hitachi firmware on your laptop you get error Setup Status: Window is using an EFI boot loader.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

Have you checked in device manager if the HDD is Hitachi-branded?

Are installing the file as an administrator?

Try the steps mentioned below to create a bootable USB.

Click start type CMD right click on command prompt and select run as administrator and type the following commands.

diskpart

list disk

select disk 0

list partition

select partition 1

shrink desired=200 minimum=200

create partition efi

list partition

select partition 2

format fs=fat32

Then copy the files to flash drive and check if you are able to install the setup.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a pleasant day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.