Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

As the Subject reads. I need to update my graphic card drivers. According to the catalyst control centre i have an update available. When i attempt to update, it downloads, installs but it doesn't show in the control centre. It says that i still have to update, even though I have done it multiple times. I also go to download directly from the AMD site but i get a message saying that i do not have any compatibale hardware for this update..it's basically saying i don't have a graphic card.

I'm not an expert in the area so i would appreciate any help at all. Anyone who have had the same problems?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
hi

here is an update from HP for your graphic card.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp59501-60000/sp59850.exe

download and install it.. once installed reboot your computer..

Hope this helps..
**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
**---'Accept as Solution' ----**if it solves your problem and make it easier for other people to find solutions.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended
hi

here is an update from HP for your graphic card.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp59501-60000/sp59850.exe

download and install it.. once installed reboot your computer..

Hope this helps..
**---'Accept as Solution' ----**if it solves your problem and make it easier for other people to find solutions.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. The drivers found in the support section from HPs website are old. They date back to 2011 whils there are new drivers from ATI that came out 22/10-2012. A support assistant told me that this problem might be because the computer has two graphic cards and that the attempts to install new drivers fails because the "big" graphic card is not detected simply because of the other, "smaller" one. He was not sure of this though. 

HP Recommended

@Metss wrote:

Thanks for the reply. The drivers found in the support section from HPs website are old. They date back to 2011 whils there are new drivers from ATI that came out 22/10-2012. A support assistant told me that this problem might be because the computer has two graphic cards and that the attempts to install new drivers fails because the "big" graphic card is not detected simply because of the other, "smaller" one. He was not sure of this though. 

Hi

The above mentioned graphic driver is released on November 16, 2012 from HP.. 

sp59850.exe package contains both AMD ATI and intel graphic drivers..

Just uninstall CCC from control pannel (add/remove programms) and restart the computer..

Install sp59850.exe and restart the computer again.

You had switchable graphics one from Intel (smaller) and second from AMD ATI (big).. and your laptop is designed to get use them both on the application needs. the default will be Intel (smaller once)

However, You can switch those by changing the settings in BIOS menu. 

to do this:

restart your computer.

press F10 at the initial (HP) boot screen.

once you enter the BIOS screen, press right arrow 2 times (-->).

now you can see the graphic adapter settings in DYNAMIC mode...change this to FIXED mode and press F10 to save and exit. (by doing this your computer will restart automatically)

once started...now you can see that your computer now detects the ATI (big) graphic card...and you can do some more settings in CCC to change the graphics cards (high performance(big) to power saving(small)) manually for your needs.

hope this helps.

HP Recommended

My appologies, I should have tested it before i wrote. What you said is helpful. After posting the previous reply i downloaded to have a look, and installed it. Seems that it worked since I could run games on the desired settings. I will proceed to try the BIOS settings and hopefylly I wont have any future problems. Thanks for the help, very much appreciated!

HP Recommended
Also, how did you find the driver updates? I only find the older version when going via HP support and drivers.
HP Recommended
I think HP in not interested to provide any updates for outdated models.

You must get into these forums to find an alternative or a fix..
HP Recommended
After searching all of the BIOS menus I couldnt find anything about graphics adapter..or any adapter for that matter. Any suggestion as to where else to look or is there some sort of "enabling" option to see the adapters?
HP Recommended

Hi

I'm not sure about your BIOS vendor..

But here is mine.. (and sorry,, I would say 3 right arrows in my previous post)

10122012011.jpg

10122012012.jpg

HP Recommended
Thanks for the screens. You seem to have the same (or atleast a similar) computer as me but it's not there.

Might this have anything to do with the fact that i did not uninstall CCC, i just installed the update right away.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.