Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Ok. it was my question, but i'm feel sad because i thinked that the MSSD port also it had function like HHD for SSD, well, I think my laptop its so fast yet. thanks everyone for the information.

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

@gioticko wrote:

Ok. it was my question, but i'm feel sad because i thinked that the MSSD port also it had function like HHD for SSD, well, I think my laptop its so fast yet. thanks everyone for the information.

Thanks again.

I have used a mSATA SSD as a main drive and the hhd in the primary bay on an Envy M6 which uses the same components like Envy Dv6-7000 series laptops. The only difference I have noticed what the thinner LCD display. The mSATA slot was designed as a cache for a hard drive but can be also used as a main drive. I have posted step by step how I have done it some time ago.

Asus ROG STRIX G16 Manjaro Xfce
HP Touchpad provided by HP
HP Microserver Gen8 10TB Debian Server

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
HP Recommended

pepe 999 thanks again. It's Possible that you send me the link of post about this.?

HP Recommended

Just to clarify you can use the cache drive as the system drive but it involves using a "bootloader" so technically you are still starting the boot process from the main mechanical drive, you just redirect the boot process over to the mSSD. We have had a few people do it and it is a brilliant piece of programming but tends to break when Windows updates are installed. You can also have just the mSSD. The system will boot from it as long as there is no other hard drive installed. 

HP Recommended

Thanks Huffer,  Its a interesting information, maybe, I will use the MSSD port with  250 gb MSSD, i dont know yet, but the information its necesary to know it to future. thanks.

HP Recommended

I guess one other thing. This is older technology. The mSSD used in this laptop is no faster than a SATA-3 2.5 inch SSD. This is unlike current models that use PCIe (NVME) M.2 type mSSDs, which are multiple times faster than a SATA SSD. You can get a lot more storage for cheaper, that will be just as fast, by buying a 2.5 inch SATA SSD. 

HP Recommended

Huffer, I had same idea, well, maybe i will sacrifice the Blu Ray bay for new HDD bay and buy a new ssd. I don't Know yet. Its only a idea jeje.

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

Let us know if you need help with that. Many have come to the conclusion that is the optimal arrangement to maximize the best speed and storage capacity and cost. 

HP Recommended

Ok. Thanks. Again. Your help was very important. I hope take a good solution... thanks everyone. 🙂

HP Recommended

@gioticko wrote:

Ok. Thanks. Again. Your help was very important. I hope take a good solution... thanks everyone. 🙂

As Huffer says you have to boot from the main hard drive but tell the bootloader to boot from the mSATA. Perhaps a SATA enclosure in the optical drive bay is a better option. You can swap it for the optical drive in a minute if necessary and no need for removing the top cover as you have to do it for accessing the mSATA bay.:)

Asus ROG STRIX G16 Manjaro Xfce
HP Touchpad provided by HP
HP Microserver Gen8 10TB Debian Server

*Please, help other users with the same issue by marking your solved topics as "Accept as Solution"*
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.