Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp-g066nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone, from some year i'm having a bad trouble with my notebbok:when i force my video card to do a heavy job

(to watch a hd video for expamle) in the 40% of cases my pc crashes in the a black screen. So i read in the internet thath the issue can be solved by an upgrade of BIOS. So can you help me to find the right way in order to upgrade my Bios?

Product Name is Hp-g066nl. Thank you in advance and sorry for my bad english!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

There is a fairly new BIOS from September, 2015 which would likely be an update for you:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp73501-74000/sp73940.exe

Download this and run it from within Windows. Don't be running any other programs. Make sure it is plugged in to AC power and has a fully charged battery. Don't expect miracles on the video. It is actually doubtful this will make a difference but the BIOS update is part of ordinary maintenance so it cannot hurt to do it. You may find that the HP software on the laptop has already performed this update and if so the BIOS program will tell you that you already have this BIOS and refuse to go further. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

There is a fairly new BIOS from September, 2015 which would likely be an update for you:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp73501-74000/sp73940.exe

Download this and run it from within Windows. Don't be running any other programs. Make sure it is plugged in to AC power and has a fully charged battery. Don't expect miracles on the video. It is actually doubtful this will make a difference but the BIOS update is part of ordinary maintenance so it cannot hurt to do it. You may find that the HP software on the laptop has already performed this update and if so the BIOS program will tell you that you already have this BIOS and refuse to go further. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.