Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
G7-2292nr
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Guys help me plz 😛
I have a g7-2292nr with Processor A6-4400M socket FS1r2 the manual says I can upgrade to A10-4600M…
My question is:
Can I upgrade my laptop with AMD A10-5750M?

ps (the processor was newer than manual)

Plz give me a safe answer to buy it

CPU Compare.jpg

My Laptop BIOS.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Upgrading to the ( AMD A10-5750M) APU that you have asked about is unlikely to be sucessful.  

Even upgrading to an HP 683046-001 AMD A10-4600M is likely to be  quite an expensive upgrade, unless you manage to locate and purchase a used APU. 

http://www.amazon.com/HP-683046-001-A10-4600M-Quad-Core-processor/dp/B009SOJH4E

https://www.centralpoint.nl/processors/hp/a10-4600m-32-23ghz-35w-4m-art-683046-001-num-2558500/

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I think that both CPUs are suitable for the motherboard,  because they are FS1r2.

I found out in the Google that some owners of HP G6 series used the A10-5750M without any problem.

I don't care about the cost because I have already found both CPUs used in low cost.

So, I would like to  know if the laptop would work in case I use the A10-5750M

HP Recommended

I doubt that anyone in the forum would be willing to state that they can guarantee that the upgrade will work. 

If you decide to try an upgrade, don't forget to let the internet know if it worked by posting your result here in your thread.

Test it by using the Hardware PC Diagnostics UEFI  to see if it really works.

You said "I think that both CPUs are suitable for the motherboard,  because they are FS1r2."  

I hate to burst your bubble, but that isn't how it works. I am trying to save you a little bit of grief and $$.

Not only does the socket type have to match, there must also be BIOS support for a processor. If there is no firmware support in the BIOS ROM file for a partiocular processor, then the processor and the systemboard won't be able to communicate with each other.  That means you may get the dreaded BIOS error message that says "incompatible processor installed"

https://www.google.nl/search?q=incompatible+CPU+installed%22&oq=incompatible+CPU+installed%22&aqs=ch...

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thank you very much! Your reply was very useful! I'll keep you posted when I try it.

HP Recommended

You're welcome.!

I am looking forward to seeing your CPU upgrade result.

HP Recommended

Hello, I just want to say that I was successful in the upgrade of my laptop. Originally had an A8-4500m APU and Insyde F.26 bios before upgrade.

•Hp Pavilion g7-2275dx

•Windows 10 Home

•AMD A10-5750m

•G.Skill 2x8 Gb DDR3L 1866 (16 Gb)

•Insyde F.2A bios (from hp website)

Processor cost me less than $50. It worked with the F.26 bios, but I found the F.2A was the most recent and installed it after installing the A10 APU. I did have to find the drivers for the new processor on the AMD website. Installed both of them and the system is running like a top. Additionally I used DriverEasy software to find any other outdated drivers on the system (12 out dated drivers). Hp stopped providing support a long time ago for my laptop. But everything is as up to date as can be. System is running great. I intend to install a 1 Tb SSD next once I have the funds.  All in all, it is possible to upgrade an old laptop, as long as you are careful taking it apart. It's as good as can get though. If you want better performance, better go with the newer system with the latest cpu's.

2018-10-12 00.04.52.jpg

HP Recommended

Thanks for the update!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.