Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi I wish to upgrade my bios as I have a new hard drive after my original HD died. I have replaced with new HD but I am told I will have to get update, as my notebook will not accept new HD. I have a Compac predation A900, with product number KG 574PA#ABG, AND Insydett20 version: F24. Can anyone help please.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Jms50,

Thanks for posting your question in the HP Community. Hope you are doing well. 🙂 I understand clearly that you need assistance to update the bios on your computer as the hard drive has been replaced.I will be delighted to assist you here. 🙂

You are a valued HP customer and we appreciate you greatly for doing business with HP. I have reviewed the situation and it is paramount that we address your issue. Thank you for giving us the privilege to assist you on this platform. 🙂 You’ve done awesome diagnosis also. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

Usually when the hard drive is replaced a bios update is not necessary. Please check if the replaced hard drive is compatible with the computer.

As this computer is a customized unit I would require the complete model# of the unit with the operating system to assist you better. However, you could visit this link: http://hp.com/drivers Then select the country and type the product# of the unit. Please follow the on-screen instructions from thereon. If a bios update is available for your operating system then it will get displayed in the list of drivers.

You could also use the HP support assistant to update the bios and all the drivers. It will run a check and download the latest drivers and bios for the unit from the HP support site.  If the unit already has the latest version of the Bios or the drivers it will be reported by HP support assistant also. You could download the bios to a USB flash drive and update it also.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you .:)

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.  🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

Happy holidays to you and your family:)  Take care.:)

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.